Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hwy 1

(2014) SF Devin Robinson to Florida

Just hearing, albeit second hand, that some East coast guys who aren't typically wrong are saying UF is a real player. This recruitment has been tight lipped, and I do realize he had quite a great time while at IU, but UF may have entered that top 2 along with IU and that info isn't coming from the fellas who change their CB after every visit. Decision possibly by the end of the week or early next. That time frame part is a bit more of speculation I hear.

Like Rob Johnson, Robinson is so tight-lipped about his recruitment. Johnson was so quiet that a lot thought he'd go to UNC. Few though we'd even beat out Virginia. I don't think anyone truly knows how close the competition is, but when Rob Johnson's dad is saying he's be "shocked" if Robinson didn't choose IU, I find it hard to believe UF is that close.

Thanks for the info Pap. This guy won't be shooting the messenger. Appreciate everything you all have said in this post. I've gotta agree with AllHoosier though and think IU is the destination. So many positive signs pointing this direction.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thanks hoosierpap.  Believe me, I had some pretty good info on Gary Harris on TSS and people weren't having it because it wasn't all Pro-IU.  Then when people were saying we were 100% out of it, we weren't and I shared that.  That is why when after he committed he said "IU was 2nd for sure", he wasn't lying.  People were thrown off by that.  After that the way I tried thinking of it was more of how I was as a kid?  I was never 100% in anything.  I probably leaned ways, but I would put myself in other situations in my head to see if it was the right fit.  Usually mine didn't have to deal with my overall future, it was usually women.  So, that should make it even easier to see even when the choice is obvious, it isn't.  They are still battling with themselves for the right decision.  Nothing is cut and dry.  I am sure he would ask those around him more about the other schools he is looking at.  That is how I got any info on GH.  My aunt is a neighbor and is a college professor at IUPUI.  She went to college at PU.  Gary's mom would ask her things on the academic side to get an unbiased opinion of the different schools.  It is simple things like this that typically gets info out there.  I still got IU on this. 

I wasn't trying to come across as being a prick with that comment. I was a little buzzed so it might have come off wrong. All I meant to say was I don't think many people have much inside info or info coming from good sources on the Florida front because how tight lipped his recruitment has been....much like Rob Johnsons. I wasn't trying to bash you at all. 

I wasn't trying to come across as being a prick with that comment. I was a little buzzed so it might have come off wrong. All I meant to say was I don't think many people have much inside info or info coming from good sources on the Florida front because how tight lipped his recruitment has been....much like Rob Johnsons. I wasn't trying to bash you at all. 

Dude don't worry about it.  We are all adults, well for the most part.  Hard to read intent through the computer.  You didn't cross any lines.  Its all for debate.  I personally couldn't see Florida.  How do you act star struck at IU and then go to Florida and the most exciting tweet is about gator tail?  That just doesn't add up.  I have been to IU, but I have also been to UF campus.  IU has some hot women, but UF has some HOT women.  I am on the fence and I know some will go up in arms when I say this.  The only thing, IMO, UF has over IU is beaches, weather, and women...  Now I duck and cover lol.

Dude don't worry about it.  We are all adults, well for the most part.  Hard to read intent through the computer.  You didn't cross any lines.  Its all for debate.  I personally couldn't see Florida.  How do you act star struck at IU and then go to Florida and the most exciting tweet is about gator tail?  That just doesn't add up.  I have been to IU, but I have also been to UF campus.  IU has some hot women, but UF has some HOT women.  I am on the fence and I know some will go up in arms when I say this.  The only thing, IMO, UF has over IU is beaches, weather, and women...  Now I duck and cover lol.

Me and Nipples (and Angler?) have the Florida angle covered:

Gainesville is land locked; the closest beaches are over 90 minutes away. The weather is completely stellar, except from June through September, which has little effect on the primary campus year. The coeds are as hot as the summer weather, but no better nor worse than who an IU Bball player will consort with. The campus is beautiful.

UF's advantages: Weather, playing time.

IU's advantages: Fanbase, basketball culture, tradition, Rob Johnson

Tie: Women, campus, academics, facilities, conference (yes, I know that B1G is better, but both are majors)

Personal preference: Coaching staff, teammates

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello11m
Billy Donovan and Florida visited with Devin Robinson in Virginia today.

Starting to wonder if Crean is aiming to be last in there.

Pure speculation here, but could Robinson be meeting with these teams to inform them he won't be attending their school? Obviously might not be true, but who knows. Recruitment is so tight-lipped.