Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hwy 1

(2014) SF Devin Robinson to Florida

To Florida - 10/30/13

Church View, VA (Christchurch School)

Ht: 6-8 | Wt: 169

AAU: Richmond Squires

OV at Hoosier Hysteria.

The DRobbb momentum seems to be shifting Btown way from the early leader UConn. If it came down to the two of them I would think IU would win hands down. Playing with his best friend in the premier bball conference opposed to playing in that mess that was (American Athletic Conference) the Big East. I know which I'd choose.

Rivals

Scout

ESPN

Video

The DRobbb momentum seems to be shifting Btown way from the early leader UConn. If it came down to the two of them I would think IU would win hands down. Playing with his best friend in the premier bball conference opposed to playing in that mess that was (American Athletic Conference) the Big East. I know which I'd choose.

Not biased at all either right? Lol. I agree though & hope the Hoosiers can land him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I will give one possible point for UConn on it. From Richmond VA (I think that's where he's from) It's a 7 hour drive to Conn. To IU it's 10 hrs. I'm guessing flights are easier too if those things matter. With his best friend and neighbor going here I would imagine that traveling would become a shared family event.

I will give one possible point for UConn on it. From Richmond VA (I think that's where he's from) It's a 7 hour drive to Conn. To IU it's 10 hrs. I'm guessing flights are easier too if those things matter. With his best friend and neighbor going here I would imagine that traveling would become a shared family event.

Good point. We could definitely use him. Need that 2014 class to fill up

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The other side of  the travel though is the trip to Uconn from VA is all Eastern Corridor traffic.  That would be a big negative to me. Traffic jams could quickly eat up that 3 hr time difference. Plus I'd rather drive the scenic route. 

The best I can find so far is they had 4 spots to fill with three commits now plus one transfer who will have to sit. Not sure if they're done or not now. 

Don't know if this does or does not affect DRobbb. Cassell is a 6'4" SG so not the same player. Don't know if Uconn is filled up with commits either. 

Read through a couple of UConn recruiting articles and it seems they don't want to load up on 2014 fillers.  They feel with all of the coaches able to recruit at the same time they can do better in 2015 and they don't want a lopsided class unless they were sure someone would leave was headed to the NBA.  For DR I am sure they would take him.  He would have to be the jewel of a class for them.  That said it sounds like they are really hitting up the 2015 class.  

I was catching this on forums yesterday but waited for a published source. Dom Amore of the Hartford Courant.

Jerry Meyer @jerrymeyer247 

Devin Robinson (#29/#21) isn't visiting #UConn according to @AmoreCourant.

Couple of recruiting notes: Forward Devin Robinson is not coming to visit UConn this month, I’m told. It has been cancelled. He is apparently focusing elsewhere.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-men/kevin-ollie-the-underachiever-conn-magazine-and-other-huskies-notes-and-links/#more-2286

I was catching this on forums yesterday but waited for a published source. Dom Amore of the Hartford Courant.

Clutch! Nice find. Come on down DRob...

His OV was supposed to be Oct.18 with UConn.  Florida on Oct.11..he can cancel them to.

UCONN was thought to be the other favorite, so this is huge for Indiana. Don't count out Florida yet, but expect Robinson to be a Hoosier.

Thanks. I missed your post in the other thread last night on this.

I've seen that UCONN scaled back, even stopped, their recruitment of Devin Robinson about a month ago. That's likely one of the reasons Indiana has gained so much momentum recently. There are some that aren't surprised by the cancellation. 

UCONN was thought to be the other favorite, so this is huge for Indiana. Don't count out Florida yet, but expect Robinson to be a Hoosier.

Hate to be "that guy," but it was said that IU were the clear leaders for Goodluck when Duke dropped off..... I really like IU's chances here better than GO's, but anything can happen.

Hate to be "that guy," but it was said that IU were the clear leaders for Goodluck when Duke dropped off..... I really like IU's chances here better than GO's, but anything can happen.

Every situation is different...every recruit is different.

But, just because the worst snowstorm of a given year occurs in April, that doesn't make April the new snowiest month.

This doesn't guarantee anything, but given all of the unsubstantiated tea leaf reading we all do, this can only be looked at as truly substantive good news.

I don't think we were heavy favorites to land GO. Yes, we were presumed favorites, but I always saw people say we were slight favorites. When the news broke about us recruiting that one guy, many thought something went wrong with GO and questioned how much of a favorite we were, or even if we were the favorite. Something weird happened with Okonoboh.

I do think people are more confident in Robinson to IU than they were with Okonoboh to IU.