Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hwy 1

(2014) SF Devin Robinson to Florida

Announcing Wednesday (10/30) @ 3:30 per Daniels..

Why do the tweet links on this site just show the tweeter and not the message?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No idea. I typed it out. Can you see it now?

Let me know any time that you have this problem. Think it might be something with my computer.

Why do they always have to have an announcement that they're going to make an announcement in a week?

My favorite is making an announcement that they will cut their school list to 10. Who cares?? I mean seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

How about the kid who cut his list to 24 in three 8 team tweets on successive days.  We made day three. It's in the recruiting forum, too lazy to look it up.

Nothing seems to be trending in our direction, but I've stopped trying to guess what the endgame will be. 

This much I know:

1) We have two excellent recruits, and we want one more.

2) We have three very high-end recruits that are still well within our sights: DRob, JB2,and JL.

3) If we get one of those three, this will go from a "good" to a "truly fantastic" recruiting class.

I honestly feel like we are going to get one of the three. From what I've seen, it may come down to JBJ or J Lyle. Heard rumors that Robinson was turned off with the Hoetzel commit and isn't buying in to the thought that they are different positions (supposedly what Crean told him)

Why would Robinson be "turned off" by the Hoetzel commitment.  He shouldn't feel threatened at all by that.  Each player must earn playing time themselves.  If Robinson would be concerned with Hoetzel, that would indicate to me that we got ourselves on hell of an underated kid in Max!

because he already has to work past hollowell, williams, etherington, collin hartman, and to some extent devin davis. His advantage was that he's a better shooter. Now he has to compete with hoetzel, another shooter, as well? 

Imagine you're getting a job. It's all set, pretty much a done deal, but then your boss says that 'just in case' it doesn't work out, we've hired a competitor/replacement for you. Not gonna make you happy to take that job. Not saying its right, but from his perspective? Feels like a slight, why deal with all that?

On a side note, I'm fairly certain the Robinson decision played a role in Hoetzel taking an OV and committing the same week he was offered. 

because he already has to work past hollowell, williams, etherington, collin hartman, and to some extent devin davis. His advantage was that he's a better shooter. Now he has to compete with hoetzel, another shooter, as well? 

Imagine you're getting a job. It's all set, pretty much a done deal, but then your boss says that 'just in case' it doesn't work out, we've hired a competitor/replacement for you. Not gonna make you happy to take that job. Not saying its right, but from his perspective? Feels like a slight, why deal with all that?

On a side note, I'm fairly certain the Robinson decision played a role in Hoetzel taking an OV and committing the same week he was offered. 

Devin could have committed after his OV.

Devin could have committed after his OV.

But he didn't. Can't fault him for that, why not explore your options? Especially if you are under the assumption that the school wants YOU, not just any player at your position, which has been Crean's MO with a lot of our high recruits. 

pretty much every top 50 recruit is going to wait, draw out the suspense, build the hype around themselves, and make it an official announcement after all their OV's are done. ROJO did it, Cody did it, and most of the players in this years class have. There are exceptions (Vonleh). 

Bottom line is it's never going to HELP land a recruit to offer someone else at his position, no matter what the coach says. In general, it opens the possibility of hurting feelings and questioning a schools true commitment to you.

If some believe JBJ is having second thoughts on UK because of the Devin Booker recruitment, why can't the same apply here?

I don't see why you'd think that. Just because a kid doesn't want to share minutes doesn't mean he's not as good as is thought. What person in their right mind would want extra competition for their job? I'll take robinson over Hoetzel any day of the week and twice on Sundays.