Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

(2016) SG Tyus Battle to Syracuse

Committed 7/13/15.

Has an offer. Battle has made it to Bloomington on his own dime a few times now from NJ. Interest is very significant both ways. 

Edison, NJ (Gill St. Bernard's School)

Ht: 6-5 | Wt: 179 

AAU Team: Team Scan

Rivals

Scout

ESPN

Video

Twitter

Schedule/stats

http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/10/14/tyus-battle-enjoys-competition-usa-basketball-camp/

One of Indiana’s top recruiting priorities in the class of 2016, Gill St. Bernard’s School (N.J.) guard Tyus Battle, was among the elite players who participated at the USA Basketball developmental national team mini-camp in Colorado Springs, Colorado on Oct. 5-6.

It’s been a busy fall for Battle already as he’s taken unofficial visits to Indiana and Ohio State, two schools that have both extended scholarship offers.

The trip to Bloomington in late August was the second for the No. 11 prospect in the 247Composite, who also took in Indiana’s win over Michigan last February at Assembly Hall.

“I really liked the trip. I got to meet the coaches and spend time with them,” Battle said. “Went to the football game. They’re all great guys and I love the unity there.”

Over the summer, Battle said that Indiana was one of the schools recruiting him the hardest, which he says is still the case. With his recruitment still at an early stage, two things stand out about the Hoosiers.

“Just the atmosphere and the way they develop the players,” he said.

As a freshman at Gill St. Bernard’s, Battle averaged 11.6 points per game playing alongside Seton Hall signee Jaren Sina in the backcourt. With Sina’s departure, along with Chris Jenkins (Hofstra) and Austin Colbert (Illinois), he’ll shoulder a bigger load as a sophomore.

“My leadership and just being aggressive the entire game,” Battle said when asked for the keys to stepping up in his second high school season.

Hoop Group ‏@TheHoopGroup 40m

Tyus Battle looks sharp early here at the Fall High School Showcase. He's The #7 Sophomore in the country!

Hoop Group ‏@TheHoopGroup 38m

Showcase Final: Coastal Academy defeats GSB 69-57. Kevin Little scored 25. Tyus Battle had 21 in the loss #FHSS

Pat Lawless ‏@GiveNGobball 23h
Tyus Battle (@kidmamba23) writes his third player blog for GNGB. He talks about his recruitment and more. http://www.givengobasketball.com/ready-for-the-season

Duke is the latest school to jump into my recruitment.  I am still being recruited heaviest by Syracuse, Indiana, Ohio State, UCONN, SMU, Duke, Rutgers, Miami, Michigan, Providence, Seton Hall, Virginia, and Villanova.

From last night. Pretty good start to the season. Battle plays tomorrow in the HoopGroup Tip-Off Showcase.

D1 Circuit ‏@D1Circuit 10h
G Tyus Battle (@kidmamba23) 26 PTS, 7 REB, 5 STL, 4 AST for Gill St. Bernard's vs Bishop Ford Central @TeamFinalHoops