Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaybobHoosier

Top 5 Hated Schools, With First 3 Being Your IU Rivals

Please state who you see as IU's top 3 rivals, with the next 2 as schools you can't stand that play IU.  5 total schools in all.  Let's have some fun :)

3 Rivals:

- Purdue (Need I say more lol)

- Kentucky (Can we consider them a rival anymore since their coach is too scared to play us)

- Illinois (I grew up in Illinois for 25 years, so I can't stand Illinois)

2 schools I can't stand that play IU:

- Wisconsin (fans and The Grinch Bo Ryan)

- Ohio St. (fans and the basketball coach staff)

-Kentucky

-Purdue

Sorry, I do not consider Illinois a rival by any stretch.  Those are the only two I consider a rival, and it's a big gap between UK and Purdue.  Words cannot describe how much I despise that program in Lexington.

-Wisconsin-  I don't mind slow paced games, but I hate seeing Grinch complain about every time his time gets called for a foul

-OSU-  Don't like Matta, and I'm sick of Craft committing 10 fouls in 4 minutes and getting called for 0.

-Illinois-  Their fans think they are a top notch program, but they have UK's history of cheating with Purdue's history of championships.

-Kentucky

-Purdue

Sorry, I do not consider Illinois a rival by any stretch.  Those are the only two I consider a rival, and it's a big gap between UK and Purdue.  Words cannot describe how much I despise that program in Lexington.

-Wisconsin-  I don't mind slow paced games, but I hate seeing Grinch complain about every time his time gets called for a foul

-OSU-  Don't like Matta, and I'm sick of Craft committing 10 fouls in 4 minutes and getting called for 0.

-Illinois-  Their fans think they are a top notch program, but they have UK's history of cheating with Purdue's history of championships.

There is no need for me to write a response, because JS wrote my response for me.

Kentucky and Purdue I suppose are our two rivals.  I hate both about equally.  I also can't stand Wisconsin (football blowouts - basketball drought vs. them), and I hate playing Iowa for whatever reason.

If anyone places other teams in the top 2 than Purdue & UK, they are not Hoosiers ! 

I would have to go with Ohio State as number three just on recent history.

After that, I despise Duke & Syracuse !!!

Hey HoosierJacoby and CJ4IU! Haven't seen you guys yet (I'm new). Thanks for posting, and I hope you enjoy the boards and new topics we have going. The new Admin and Mod crew are going to make sure these boards get taken to the next level, and make them thee best on the web!!!

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

1.  Purdue

2.  UK

3.  Wisconsin (not really a traditional rival I just hate them)

2 I can't stand to play:

Syracuse (couldn't resist)

Iowa - even when we should whip them we struggle

Great to see you Keet! Was hoping you would make it over. We needed a few to uphold the honor of Southern Indiana against the godless hordes from north of Indy!

From my perspective, Purdues top 3 rivals are:

IU (I hurt just writing those two letters lol)

Illinois (close proximity and I don't think anyone likes the Fighting Groce's)

Iowa (The BIG made us football rivals,LOL, so we carry our hate for the putrid Hawkeyes to the basketball court!)

2 teams I hate to play:

Ohio St (their fans and Thad drive me nuts. More whining than teenage girls)

Michigan St (I.Cant.Stand.Izzo.......that is all)

For IU:

Purdue (Duh, I wouldn't be on this bored if we liked eachother! Lol just wouldn't be any fun)

I feel Purdue is your only "secured" rivalry cause you guys use to hate Illinois a lot with the whole Eric Gordon thing. Kentucky I would say a rival but you don't play anymore. You may be recruiting rivals but that's it IMO.

2 teams you prolly hate to play:

Wisconsin

Ohio St

Just my two cents. My IU analysis was a guess since I don't follow IU very closely.

Purdue and Kentucky are our only rivals IMO and I don't have to elaborate on that one.

Michigan- I'm from NWI and obviously Albrecht, McGary, and GR||| are from this area. Michigan has the third most fans up here behind IU and PU that I have to deal with on a day to day basis who still claim that the runner-up in the tourney is more impressive then winning the B1G outright.

After that I couldn't tell you other than Butler and Duke.

Butler- How they beat us last year and how the fans use their back 2 back natl champs to their advantage.

Duke- Who doesn't hate Duke?

Purdue and Kentucky are our only rivals IMO and I don't have to elaborate on that one.

Michigan- I'm from NWI and obviously Albrecht, McGary, and GR||| are from this area. Michigan has the third most fans up here behind IU and PU that I have to deal with on a day to day basis who still claim that the runner-up in the tourney is more impressive then winning the B1G outright.

Butler- How they beat us last year and how the fans use their back 2 back natl champs to their advantage.

Welcome Emerson and great to have you here. Hope you like the site and will post more! How did you hear about us?

I agree with you Emerson. I HATE Purdue and Kentucky. Beyond them, I don't like Wisconsin (due to our performances vs them in football and basketball...). I also don't like Notre dame and any other bandwagon schools :)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Obviously hate Purdue and Kentucky. I honestly don't care about Illinois. Hate Wisconsin because who doesn't? Hate ohio state too. And I hate Michigan. I'm really not fond of any B1G school.

Welcome Emerson and great to have you here. Hope you like the site and will post more! How did you hear about us?

Followed you guys on twitter last year before the season and finally clicked on one of your links last week and decided to join! Very pleased with how this runs and excited to communicate with IU fans throughout the year!