Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hwy 1

The real reason Calapari won't play IU

“Before I retire, I’d like to coach and undefeated team because they say it can’t be done,” he said. “Everywhere I’ve been, ‘You can’t do this. You can’t do that. You’ll never do this. You’ll never do that.’ And they say they can’t win them all. No way. There’s too much pressure. I’ve had three teams almost do that, and before I retire, I’d like to have a team (do it).”

http://www.indystar.com/article/20131008/SPORTS0601/310080028/John-Calipari-wants-coach-an-undefeated-team-because-they-say-can-t-done-

He's chicken, but we all knew that!

Oh for sure he's chicken. Everyone knows that, most UK fans I think do deep down, its just they are too stupid to know it. Sorry, I don't like UK fans. I was banned from their Scout board bcuz of going at it with a Mod lol.

He kept preaching about how Crean was to scared to play outside of BTown. Haha. I said, Cal won't step foot in Btown anymore, and Coach Crean is wanting to play in Lexington, and also do 2 neutral site games. I was banned haha, but it probably also didn't help that I told him Cal pays for players too :)

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

Everyone knows that, most UK fans I think do deep down, its just they are too stupid to know it. 

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

They know it, but they're too stupid to know it?

The average UK fan has more real teeth than IQ points, and they only have about 3 real teeth.

Didn't they already lose last year to Oregon? Whoever took the IU date beat them there I thought.

Could be wrong tho

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I looked and no one played them on the date that we played them.

Didn't they already lose last year to Oregon? Whoever took the IU date beat them there I thought.

Could be wrong tho

It was Baylor that snapped their home win streak last year.

BINGO! Go figure it's Homegrown to know the answer! Thanks buddy

Yep, and ironically Baylor took our spot in their schedule.  They didn't want to lose their home winning streak to us and ended up losing it to our replacement.  If it could have been any other team in the NCAA I could have been happier.  Although that game ended up beneficial to Calipari.  Him and Drew were able to compare statements and he realized where he went wrong with last year's team and corrected it going in to this season.

Yep, and ironically Baylor took our spot in their schedule.  They didn't want to lose their home winning streak to us and ended up losing it to our replacement.  If it could have been any other team in the NCAA I could have been happier.  Although that game ended up beneficial to Calipari.  Him and Drew were able to compare statements and he realized where he went wrong with last year's team and corrected it going in to this season.

I'm curious to know what the statements were and the correction leading into this season.

I'm curious to know what the statements were and the correction leading into this season.

Ha, I was meaning to just say they compared bank statements.  If I remember correctly they played each other's coaching and recruiting ability up leading into that game which made me sick.  They were very complimentary of each other.  Baylor made really good money and got a network game. 

Where are the bank statements I want to see these maybe they can help pay off the government.

We are going on about 65 years of massive overspending.  Began with FDR's New Deals...  That won't be fixed in our lifetime.  That is why I don't stress it.  The crappy thing about it is the Nazi's knew taking out our economy would take us out.  They probably didn't realize it would take time.  FDR First New Deal was because of his unpopularity/popularity of Hitler at the time for his 0% unemployment in Germany.  When everyone was all about Nationalism we were taking over territories and making money.  Only when we tried tying our money in with the European people's money and tried fighting public perception of Nazism did we started losing money as a country.  There is my historical rant for the day...  And they said that History degree wouldn't come in handy...  Sorry for taking this off topic lol.

We are going on about 65 years of massive overspending.  Began with FDR's New Deals...  That won't be fixed in our lifetime.  That is why I don't stress it.  The crappy thing about it is the Nazi's knew taking out our economy would take us out.  They probably didn't realize it would take time.  FDR First New Deal was because of his unpopularity/popularity of Hitler at the time for his 0% unemployment in Germany.  When everyone was all about Nationalism we were taking over territories and making money.  Only when we tried tying our money in with the European people's money and tried fighting public perception of Nazism did we started losing money as a country.  There is my historical rant for the day...  And they said that History degree wouldn't come in handy...  Sorry for taking this off topic lol.

Hmmmm.....maybe you need to start a thread on this in the OT. Could make for some interesting conversation. 

Ha, I was meaning to just say they compared bank statements.  If I remember correctly they played each other's coaching and recruiting ability up leading into that game which made me sick.  They were very complimentary of each other.  Baylor made really good money and got a network game. 

Thanks mdn82 for the clarification.

Hmmmm.....maybe you need to start a thread on this in the OT. Could make for some interesting conversation. 

I don't think I could have taken it more off topic lol.   :wild: