Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaybobHoosier

IU vs MSU Football Talk

I think that will be the consesus for this game.  IU has a great offense, but did not handle the Mizzou defense well at all.  That was just a disappointing game all around.  Hopefully their confidence will be sky high after the PSU game and come out more on fire. 

I think the reciprocal is true too. Which IU defense shows up? The one that bent (410 yard total of which 340 were through the air) but didn't break or the one that broke like a Faberge egg under foot (623 yards, 343 through the air).

Also penalties. Playing our first road game of the season. It'll be loud. Can this team, which has showed signs of discipline control issues in years past (worse last year than this year), hold it together??

Turnovers. Will Nate the Great miss a read or 3? I love Nate but he follows his hot route receiver from the snap. He tends to not see the underneath defender too.

PSU was a big win. Now it's time to build on it. We are past moral victories. It's time to chalk up the W.

The Hoosiers need their solid defense to show up, and their offense to get started early. MSU is pretty so-so on the offensive side, but they are great on D. This is a game where both teams will have their strengths butting up against the others strengths and their weaknesses against the other teams weaknesses. MSU will come in with the most heralded defensive unit, but if the IU defense can show up like they did against PSU, they could easily be the determining factor. Of course, all bets are off if the offense doesn't start moving until halftime.

I put this in the category of games I am not expecting to win, but wouldn't be surprised if we did.  Our defense has to continue to play well.  I know MSU is not an offensive juggernaut, but we have a history of making average offensive players look like Heisman contenders.  

The offense has to be the offense we know and love.  We can't sputter or get off to a slow start.  I don't want to be playing catch up on the road.  

My biggest concern is that I will be traveling and probably won't get to see any of the game.   :banghead:

I put this in the category of games I am not expecting to win, but wouldn't be surprised if we did.  Our defense has to continue to play well.  I know MSU is not an offensive juggernaut, but we have a history of making average offensive players look like Heisman contenders.  

The offense has to be the offense we know and love.  We can't sputter or get off to a slow start.  I don't want to be playing catch up on the road.  

My biggest concern is that I will be traveling and probably won't get to see any of the game.   :banghead:

We definitely need the offense to get going early, but with the MSU defense I'm not too confident in that happening.  I'd love to be wrong though.