Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JSHoosier

(2015) PG Hyron Edwards to Trinity Valley C.C.

Good points. I've come to terms with the fact that we're taking 3, I just keep trying to find where they come from. Honestly, I see Zeisloft being a 1-year scholly as more realistic than Stan leaving. A 4 man class would be really tough because we would be losing at least 2 major contributors from this team and that number could even be 3.

Definitely agree on some levels. I started to write about which I thought in my original comment but deleted it because I don't want to push this thread off-track. Short version, totally would agree if on-the-court were all that mattered.

I want Bryant, but what are the chances? We really aren't a lock for any big men, so I'm not completely opposed to getting a PG of the future.

If not TB then a JUCO or transfer big. 

Definitely agree on some levels. I started to write about which I thought in my original comment but deleted it because I don't want to push this thread off-track. Short version, totally would agree if on-the-court were all that mattered.

If not TB then a JUCO or transfer big.

Yeah, and who knows if either of those will be legitimate options either? Wish we could get TB or Thon (assuming the reclass)

I think crean was led to believe that vonleh had 2 year plan to be at iu..and Fischer transferring wasn't in the plans either.. Not defending crean as I'm 50/50 on him still being here.. But things haven't gone his way since 2012-13 Forsure .. Just my opinion

I think crean was led to believe that vonleh had 2 year plan to be at iu..and Fischer transferring wasn't in the plans either.. Not defending crean as I'm 50/50 on him still being here.. But things haven't gone his way since 2012-13 Forsure .. Just my opinion

Generally, a reclass is a fast track. And staff/players have these conversations throughout the year (on topic hint: Yogi being on the fence, IU taking a look at some guys) - unless you're saying Vonleh deceived Crean - to which I would say no way.

he did it this season!!!!!!!

I don't know who we could've signed; the spring is for the most part too late for someone of high major caliber. We were lucky to get Holt to come here. Anthony Lee and Trevor Thompson are not misses. Neither would have helped. I don't think some realize how exploratory/contingency most recruiting is. It's not that deliberate; we are not choosing.

We would have been in much better shape with a front court of Troy, Devin, Emmitt, and Hanner. But yes, would think there could have been someone better than April.

I don't know who we could've signed; the spring is for the most part too late for someone of high major caliber. We were lucky to get Holt to come here. Anthony Lee and Trevor Thompson are not misses. Neither would have helped. I don't think some realize how exploratory/contingency most recruiting is. It's not that deliberate; we are not choosing.

We would have been in much better shape with a front court of Troy, Devin, Emmitt, and Hanner. But yes, would think there could have been someone better than April.

I would have rather seen them just hold the scholly instead of tying it up in a project.

I would have rather seen them just hold the scholly instead of tying it up in a project.

Agree; I think to some degree those two understand the drill and get to use IU to find a good situation. But they're just here for practice. I actually think Priller is someone worth working with but Crean can't afford to right now.

I get the idea of holding those open; Crean has definitely been spooked by injuries. He's had a few teams that get under 10 scholarship guys. So signing those guys may be related to that.

Essentially, we are waiting til spring again, arent we?

Speaking of all this, just saw a tweet from Marni Mooney with a picture of Priller, his mom, and sister all clad in IU gear. Harder for me to think he is a transfer candidate after that photo. Still wondering and nervous about how 3 or 4 spots will open up. I've got my guesses but I realize it might not be who we think it'll be.

This tweet reminded me of that.

Speaking of all this, just saw a tweet from Marni Mooney with a picture of Priller, his mom, and sister all clad in IU gear. Harder for me to think he is a transfer candidate after that photo. Still wondering and nervous about how 3 or 4 spots will open up. I've got my guesses but I realize it might not be who we think it'll be.

This tweet reminded me of that.

Honestly, we can all guess as much as we want, but the two most prime candidates are obviously Priller and April, just based on their lack of playing time. The third (and maybe fourth) spot is completely speculation at this point. Still a long way to go, and it always works out right? ;)

But anyway, I'm with Jaybob, as much as we need a big man, there is a possibility of losing Yogi this year, so a point guard of the future would be nice. And I like Hyron's game.