Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaybobHoosier

Original BtownBanners Members

Hey guys and gals, want to extend a thank you for welcoming us and opening your home. The new Admins, Mods, and members are extremely excited to be here. We can be a crazy bunch, but please know that we come here to discuss IU with you all. We want this site to become the best, and I can promise you that we want all of you involved. Without you, this amazing ride won't be possible.

If you have any questions, concerns, or anything, feel free to message myself, or any of the new Admins and Mods. We love anything IU, and know that we all share that in common. Take care everyone!!! :)

Thanks for that, I honestly think of this site as my IU home. I picked this place for a reason and it was because I felt welcome. There are many IU fan sites but this one is mine and I am glad it is now yours too. I consider all of the original members as friends but you can never have too many friends right, especially if they are Hoosiers. Welcome aboard and thanks for helping continue the growth of BtownBanners.

Thanks for that, I honestly think of this site as my IU home. I picked this place for a reason and it was because I felt welcome. There are many IU fan sites but this one is mine and I am glad it is now yours too. I consider all of the original members as friends but you can never have too many friends right, especially if they are Hoosiers. Welcome aboard and thanks for helping continue the growth of BtownBanners.

Thank you for the response, really appreciate it. Some of us newbies, I got to know back during the very end of the Mike Davis era. Our old home was the Indiana Scout board. You can be surprised that you can make friends on here. NaturalHoosier and I have met up twice, HoosierReb once, and some other posters who are not here before, and its been great.

You can't have a successful board without a great community feel to it. That's our number 1 priority. We want a family friendly atmosphere that provides an amazing board that people want to be a part of. Our members come first!!! Without the members, you have no forums.

Once again, thank you for your response. We want you guys to know you are very vital to the board success.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

To piggyback Jaybob, a big part of community is interaction.  Luckily, that will be easy for us because of the vast knowledge of IU fans.  We honestly just love to talk all things IU.  We hope people will join us in that.  That was a big thing that brought us here was taking the shackles off so to speak.  There is no us vs. them, its just us.  We wanted to be a part of a passionate community that wasn't divided by things not involving IU.  You guys have been great inviting us warmly.  Excited to see what goes down during the season.

Following up w/what JB mentioned he and I have met up twice.  And in a weird twist of fate, mdn and I are from the same town.  I actually hung out w/his older brother in high school.  Such a small small world.

I'd love to hear from other original members of BTB! 

Whats the history of Btown Banners? How did it start etc? That would be interesting!

You need to ask IU Hoosier41 but from when I first visited the site to now is night & day. I found this site through twitter and the Pickems. Not saying it was my idea but pushed for the message boards. I wanted a place where Hoosier fans could just be Hoosier fans. I have been around ever since. The transformation is crazy and fun at the same time. But that is just my point of view you will have to ask 41 about the rest or his story.

IU Hoosier41 wanted a place to share detailed +/- statistics with IU fans. BtownBanners began as a channel for those statistics but immediately there was a vision for fan engagement, eventually leading to this forum. Personally, I have enjoyed being with BtownBanners because it is a very inclusive environment that is open to anyone who loves the Hoosiers.  More than anything, I think this has been a great project for all of us involved as we are all crazy for the candy stripes.

Glad to see some names post in here. I'm sure there is more. Don't be shy. I'm a team player and probably someone you want on your side. Let's all work together and see what we can do here. I hope i'm not rubbing anyone the wrong way with my style. The other mods felt sorry for me and let me tag along. Blame them. vbg.

Glad to see some names post in here. I'm sure there is more. Don't be shy. I'm a team player and probably someone you want on your side. Let's all work together and see what we can do here. I hope i'm not rubbing anyone the wrong way with my style. The other mods felt sorry for me and let me tag along. Blame them. vbg.

It's still undecided what side we want Jaybob on though.  Yeah, JB had someone message me on 247 about coming over here and I brought my avatars with me.

It's still undecided what side we want Jaybob on though.  Yeah, JB had someone message me on 247 about coming over here and I brought my avatars with me.

I never had anyone message lol.  JS is trying to get me in trouble.