Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) PG Bryant Crawford to Wake Forest

Washington, DC (Gonzaga ) 
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 170 
AAU: Team Takeover

Has an offer. Was on campus last year for a couple UV's including HH. Pretty decent interest here from both sides. This is my guy in this class. 

Rivals

Scout

ESPN

Twitter

Schedule

Stats

IU and Syracuse was his top 2 not to long ago if he had to choose now.

Bryant Crawford of Gonzaga Prep (D.C.) has long been a recruiting priority for Indiana in the class of 2015.

The No. 35 prospect nationally according to the 247Composite, Crawford missed the July evaluation periods as he underwent surgery in June to repair a tear in his meniscus. That injury didn’t keep the Hoosier staff from showing up at his Team Takeover games or from coming to his high school when the recruiting period began in early September.

“They were one of the first schools to come down when the coaches were allowed to come out,” Crawford told Inside the Hall from the USA Basketball developmental national team mini-camp in Colorado Springs last weekend. “Even though I wasn’t playing, they still came down there and talked to me for a little while.”

The 6-foot-2, 179 pound point guard was recently cleared to resume basketball activities and said he expects to be 100 percent for the start of his high school season.

“I just got cleared Monday (Sept. 30),” he said. “I’ve been getting in the pool and riding the bike and since Monday I’ve been getting in the gym and doing a little bit of work to get back into playing shape.”

Before the injury, Crawford was playing his way onto USA Basketball’s U16 team that went on to win a gold medal in the FIBA World Championships in Uruguay. Despite missing time in front of college coaches in July, the IU target believes he got better despite not playing.

“I definitely got stronger,” Crawford said. “From watching the game on the sidelines, I definitely saw things differently than what I would have saw if I was playing just looking at people’s game and looking at the competition that I’m going to have to come back to.”

As a junior at Gonzaga, Crawford will take on a larger role as Kris Jenkins, a Villanova signee, has moved on to college. That will put more pressure on Crawford to lead, a challenge he is looking forward to meeting head on.

“I’m definitely going to have to take a big leadership role and keep everybody involved in the game,” he said. “I’m going to have a lot of weight on my shoulders to carry my team, keep everybody with high spirits, don’t let anyone lose focus and just keep pushing the guys to get better.”

With more than ten scholarship offers, Crawford will a strong list of suitors to choose from. Indiana’s diligence in recruiting him makes the Hoosiers one of the favorites at this point.

“They’re one of the top schools, “Crawford said. “They’re still recruiting me hard and have been recruiting me hard since they first started recruiting me. It’s a definitely a great relationship (with Indiana), a positive relationship. With them, it’s not all about basketball. They check up on how I’m doing, how I’m recovering, how my family is doing and how I’m doing in school.

“They want to get me back up on the campus. I feel like our relationship gets stronger and stronger.”

When that next Indiana trip takes place hasn’t been set yet, but Crawford is already familiar with the campus as he visited in August of 2012 when he received a scholarship offer and again for Hoosier Hysteria in 2012.

“I’m actually starting to schedule a few visits now, but I’m not sure when I’ll get back out there,” he said.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/10/10/indiana-one-top-schools-bryant-crawford/

Ian Simon ‏@CoachSimon200 3h
Class of 2015 G Bryant Crawford(Gonzaga,DC) will be attending Villanova Hoops Madness Mania tonight.

Thats about 10 minutes from me. Maybe I should go and make sure he remembers to compare it to Hoosier Hysteria last yeaaarrrr :o

(2013-14) Preseason DMVelite DC All-District Selections

1ST TEAM

Bryant Crawford, G, Gonzaga, 2015

Crawford impressed in his first varsity season - he missed his freshman year with a leg injury - and now the show is his to run following the graduations of guards Tavon Blackmon (Brown) and Charles Glover (Mount St. Mary's).

As for the schools recruiting Bryant Crawford right now, there are a lot of them. “Villanova, West Virginia, UConn, SMU, Indiana, Georgetown, Penn State, Maryland, Nebraska, Ohio St., and Virginia Tech,” he listed. Like many players in his class he doesn’t have any favorites but some schools are after him harder than the rest. The schools are, “Nebraska, SMU, Villanova, Indiana, UConn, and Georgetown.” It’s safe to say that many new schools will get in on him before everything is over with Crawford.

With him saying that UConn was one of the schools after him the hardest I asked how often he talks with the staff. “We talk pretty often. If it’s not with me it’s with my mom or trainer,” Crawford explained. Due to the conversations he’s had with the staff he described their relationship as, “Pretty good.” He also talked about what he likes about UConn saying, “Just their style of play and their coaching staff.” That’s became a very common answer from the guards Ollie has recruited. The way he has just let the guards go out and play their games has certainly been noticed by recruits.

Crawford has already made a number of trips to possible colleges already. “Georgetown, Villanova, Indiana, and Penn State. I’ll set up some more after my season also.” Among the possible visits he mentioned that he would certainly like to visit UConn in the future. “Definitely UConn because things didn’t workout last time.” The last time he’s talking about was midway through September. He was set to visit then but he ultimately couldn’t make the trip. Getting him on campus will be key for UConn to make the next step up in his recruitment.

Link

Wild finish to this one. Gonzaga lost 75-73.

Prominent star Guard Bryant Crawford, who finished with just six points, made up his mark on the night by facilitating the basketball and piling up a number of assists, doing so with limited scoring. Georgetown Head Coach John Thompson III was in attendance for the game.

Link

Eric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops 14m
2015 PG Bryant Crawford always has head up. Terrific vision in transition & understands you can move ball up floor faster w/pass #CEClassic

Scott Burgess ‏@scott_chihoops 6m
Really impressed w Gonzaga 2015 PG Bryant Crawford. Pass first lead guard w feel and vision in both half court and transition

Scott Burgess ‏@scott_chihoops 5m
Gonzaga leads St Rita 31-24 at half. Dominique Matthews 10. Vic Law 8. Bryant Crawford 2 pts 6 ast.

^^ Looks like a broken finger this time. Torn meniscus back in the summer and broke his leg his freshmen year. Misses the Gonzaga DC Classic this weekend.

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 4m
Gonzaga guard Bryant Crawford broke his finger. Looks like I won't see him this weekend.