Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaybobHoosier

Favorite Moment From Our Senior Group (Hulls, Watford, and Elston)

Hulls - I would have to say the performance he put on at PSU with Roth.  Without his performance, we lose that game.  He was on fire!  (Close are his left-handed three and the 360-Spin move against G'Town)

Watford - His game against VCU, where he single-handedly kept us in the game.  More specifically before the end of the 1st half where he hit back to back threes and was showing so much emotion.  CHILLS (Wat-Block was awesome!!!)

Elston - I remember in his Freshman campaign when Iowa came to town.  It was a contested fast break, and Hulls gave up a nice pass and Elston caught it around the elbow of the free-throw lane.  He took it from there with a step and a very nice one handed jam.  Just wish he didn't have knee trouble! 

Hulls-  Either NC State or Georgetown, we lose both of those games without him.  Too bad some people refused to see what he meant to the team.

Wat-  I'd say either the Watshot or his block against Temple.

Elston-  I'll have to go with that Iowa play, I think I vaguely remember that.  I can't really remember much of what he did.  He did shutdown Sullinger against OSU, so there's another one.

I know.  I can't remember the poster's name, kept saying things like "Hulls never makes big shots" "no clutch gene" "Verdell was better" basically made Hulls out to be a glorified Matt Roth.

Favorite moment is a combined UK game with the Wat Shot, a close second is the MSU game at Assembly that I went to with my lil brother their jr year. And what. Is wrong with Matt Roth, maybe not as skilled overall but as pure shooter who is better from long range?

Favorite moment is a combined UK game with the Wat Shot, a close second is the MSU game at Assembly that I went to with my lil brother their jr year. And what. Is wrong with Matt Roth, maybe not as skilled overall but as pure shooter who is better from long range?

I'm not trying to diss Roth.  He was a good distant shooter, it just happens that was his only skill and he did it very well.  I don't even think he could do a one dribble pull up until he was a senior.  I don't mean that as a knock on Matt, just a comment on the type of player he was.

My comment was there was a poster on our former HSN board that made Hulls out to be that kind of player, and it's really not true.

That Penn State game with Roth and Hulls was something else! I remember watching that game and hearing the crowd groan every time Hulls or Roth were open for three (which was a TON).

Reminded me of the '02 team when Coverdale, Hornsby & Fife would get hot from the arc!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That Penn State game with Roth and Hulls was something else! I remember watching that game and hearing the crowd groan every time Hulls or Roth were open for three (which was a TON).

Reminded me of the '02 team when Coverdale, Hornsby & Fife would get hot from the arc!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Who can forget that game against Illinois? They went nuts on them.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app