Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaybobHoosier

Can IU Finish Top 3 In The Big10 This Season?

I don't think it's impossible, but that's because I really love the freshmen. The Big Ten has some really good and experienced teams at the top this year. I think this year may be like 2011-12 where we finish in the top half of the Big Ten and have a legit shot at going deep in the tournament. Lord only knows how deep we would've gone had we not faced UK or had UK not had the free throw performance of their lives. 

I don't think it's impossible, but that's because I really love the freshmen. The Big Ten has some really good and experienced teams at the top this year. I think this year may be like 2011-12 where we finish in the top half of the Big Ten and have a legit shot at going deep in the tournament. Lord only knows how deep we would've gone had we not faced UK or had UK not had the free throw performance of their lives. 

I've done the math before, even if UK shot their season average from the charity stripe we still lose.

Can we?  Sure, anything's possible.  I could wake up next to Emma Watson with a Lamborghini Aventador sitting in the garage too.

Seriously though, we could.  We need a couple of the freshmen to not play like, you know, freshmen (excluding Vonleh) and/or a huge jump from Hanner.  Solid contributions off the bench from someone like Austin would help too.

Arguably the most raw talent Crean's had at IU, so it's not impossible. These freshmen are good, and hopefully will help lead us to greatness.

Tijan and Bawa had more raw talent in their pinkies than this whole team... You see what Crean did with them

Tijan and Bawa had more raw talent in their pinkies than this whole team... You see what Crean did with them

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Tijan was a man among boys.  The YouTube video with the Hitler reaction to us beating UK said so too.

Can they?  Sure.  It would take virtually a perfect season and a perfect storm I don't think that will happen.  Everyone would have to outplay expectations and we would have to have a guy like Hulls come out of nowhere.  Just don't see it.  

Wish they could, but realistically no. This team lost way too much talent. Indiana will win some games this year that will surprise us. Unfortunately, I think the same can be said about some of our losses.

This team will go as far as Yogi & Will can lead them. 4-6 range finish would be my guess without seeing a game so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners