Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaybobHoosier

Does The PSU Win Give You.......

Faith for the rest of the season?

I know I was very disappointed in the Navy loss, and how we played against Mizzou. However, the PSU game gave me a renewed faith that the can get it done, and play some good football. What do you guys think?

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

It's a step in the right direction which is much better than a step in the wrong direction.

I know, I said absolutely nothing there. ;)

I couldn't be more optimistic after Saturday.  It wasn't just the offense doing their thing and the defense doing theirs, it was the way the different units complimented each other.  When the defense got stops, the offense capitalized (which didn't happen last week against Missouri).  I'm also excited about what the performance tells us about the coaching staff.  The coaches talked a lot last week about their bye week strategy of simplifying the defense and relaxing the offense and it worked.  Feels good to think that the coaches are capable of making adjustments like that during the season.

We will see if the offense can keep up the production against an excellent defense next week in East Lansing.

It's a step in the right direction which is much better than a step in the wrong direction.

I know, I said absolutely nothing there. ;)

We're used to that with you!!!!  lol  :tease:

I drink from the biggest cup of crimson kool-aid around....so I say we win and win big against MSU! 

It feels good to finally beat PSU, and overall the defense played pretty well.  That being said I don't have a lot of confidence about the MSU game, they have a good D and I'll have to see more performances like this weekend from our D before I have much faith in that side of the ball giving our offense an easier time.

We needed that game SO badly going into this part of The schedule. Without the momentum from this win, I don't think it would have been pretty.

Now that we are positive and ready for next week, I'm slightly optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It feels good to finally beat PSU, and overall the defense played pretty well.  That being said I don't have a lot of confidence about the MSU game, they have a good D and I'll have to see more performances like this weekend from our D before I have much faith in that side of the ball giving our offense an easier time.

Not just a good D, the best defense in the nation in terms of total defense, rushing defense, and passing efficiency defense.  Iowa came into last weekend's game averaging over 244 rushing yards per game.  MSU held them to 23. WOOF.

This is where the speed offense makes or breaks you. 3 & outs in 10 seconds a couple times In a row = game over

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree.  I doubt we will, but Tre Roberson could be a very useful this game.  I would love to see him be put in and have him throw a deep ball to an open receiver.  Would be a great play to confuse the defense.  Nate is awesome, but he can sure struggle against a good pressure defense.  Tre may need to see some action because he can beat the defense with his legs, and that could be huge against this MSU defense.