Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2016) SG Zion Morgan

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/2064-zion-morgan-talks-visit-to-indiana

Indiana hosted a large number of prospects for their Hoosier Hysteria event on Friday night.  One of the prospects from Chicago that attended was King shooting guard Zion Morgan.  The 2016 prospect ranks among the best wings in the state’s sophomore class.

We spoke with the talented guard about what he did at Indiana over the weekend.

“When we first arrived on Friday we walked around the campus and we talked with students.  Then we went to the gym and met up with the coaches on the Indiana staff.  We talked to Coach Crean and Coach Buckley.  They both said they were really excited to meet me and hoped I enjoyed the festivities planned.  Coach Buckley told us what type of team they had and what they looked at in a player.  After the chat with the coaches we watched Hoosier Hysteria.  It was really exciting.  Every event had the fans on their feet.  After the events we met up with the other recruits and grabbed a meal with the coaches and just talked about what was planned for us in our upcoming high school seasons.  It was really exciting and I like where the University of Indiana is heading.”

What impressed him about the Hoosiers program?

“I like how supportive and into the game the fans are.  I also like how much the coaches showed love to them.  Coach Crean kept saying they wouldn’t be anywhere without the fans.  I also like how committed the coaching staff is on making the player the best that they can be.  That really got to me.”

Indiana told Morgan what they are intrigued by in his game.

“They liked how I made everybody a better player on the court and how I get everyone involved on both ends of the floor.”

The 2016 prospect is an athletic guard that can score at all three levels while being fairly efficient putting up buckets.  Morgan rebounds well and is a tough on ball defender.  He runs on the circuit with Chicago Lockdown.

Guess he didn't make it last month, but plans to before the end of summer. He also transferred from King to Kenwood.

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_article/show/402280?referrer_id=596370

And if he develops a consistent outside jump shot, he may end up having his pick of where he wants to play. Butler, California, Indiana, Loyola, Michigan, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, and Yale have already shown interest in Morgan.

Morgan’s outside shot is steadily improving and he’s hit several 3-pointers during this week’s Adidas Invitational, where the Lockdown went undefeated in its pool and have advanced to the top bracket of the 16-and-under group. 

“That athleticism, defensive intensity jumps out at people,” Maley said. “He does a good job of getting into the lane and kind of getting to where he wants on the court. When he’s facilitating for our team and doing a little bit of everything, that is when he’s at his best.”

As well as Morgan has played offensively, Maley was more impressed with what his defensive effort. Lockdown in a 60-55 win over a team from Michigan that featured several good outside shooters.

“Against a team that likes to shoot it and runs a lot of stuff, Zion was able to disrupt it by pressuring the ball and being active,” Maley said. “He’s not a guy that you want to dribble the ball up against.”

Been on campus before and looking to visit again as noted above. Got some decent reviews in the July eval. Sounds like his perimeter shooting is progressing.

Here's another video. #67 in Red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bLClEWSv5A