Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Zach Gunn to Ball State

11/24 Hamilton SE defeated Muncie Central 87 - 82

11/28 HSE defeated Lake Central 49 - 31

12/4 HSE defeated Avon 62 - 60

12/5 HSE defeated Pendleton Heights 56 - 46

Couldn't find individual game stats but through 4 games, Gunn is averaging 21.3 ppg on 45% shooting; 39% on 3's'; 11 rebounds/game; 1.5 assists/game and 1.5 turnovers/game.

Eric Gardner @INPrep
Final/2OT: Park Tudor 57, Hamilton Southeastern 53

Zach Gunn - 30 pts
Kobe Webster - 23 pts
Jaren Jackson Jr. - 12 pts

What's the big picture story on Gunn, pap (or anyone else in the know)? He posts good numbers, seems to have good size for a wing and a nice lefty stroke. The B1G (IU, Illinois, Michigan, PU, Iowa) seems pretty interested, but the national rankings seem to differ.

What's the big picture story on Gunn, pap (or anyone else in the know)? He posts good numbers, seems to have good size for a wing and a nice lefty stroke. The B1G (IU, Illinois, Michigan, PU, Iowa) seems pretty interested, but the national rankings seem to differ.

Recruiting services definitely have questions as to how his game translates, what position will he be, athleticism  etc...These things tend to confuse "scouts" (imo) for recruiting services when it's not clear or concise. I'd focus more on the schools.

I also think his shot has some questions while being effective at this level, no doubt, but have heard concerns as to how low it starts. It's not apples to apples, obviously, but worth mentioning the greatest shooter on earth is tearing up the NBA with a shot that starts pretty low.... The game does speed up at the next level and the court, seemingly, shrinks but I-personally- believe that is a bit overblown. I could go on about that but bottomline is some concern about getting the shot off.

I do know Crean is big on Gunn. Gun has had his opportunity to commit and has been encouraged to do so. He likes IU, a lot. Believe he has been quoted as calling them a dream school or it'd be a dream or whatever. I wouldn't expect IU to reduce interest, more like a "what are my options/what is the roster/where do I fit/where is the coaching future" type of deal on Gunn's end. Gunn helps with the rest of the in-state class...however bleak those chances may be, tbh.

Couple double-doubles for Gunn over the weekend.

‏@HSEBoysBball: Anderson game - Gunn 29 points, 10 reb, and 3 assists.  Brennan Schofield 12 points and 7 reb.  Jack Davidson 12 pts (made all shots)

‏@HSEBoysBball: Westfield game - Zach Gunn double-double with 18 and 10.  Greg Miller 14 points and 9 reb.  Jaylon Tapplar grabbed 5 reb and drew charge