Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Zach Gunn to Ball State

‏@indystar: It could be an in-state recruiting battle for Hamilton Southeastern junior-to-be Zach Gunn. http://indy.st/1IY7yJA

The 6-6, 205-pound Gunn, who plans to visit Ball State on Saturday, has offers from Butler, Indiana and IUPUI. Since the contact period for 2017 prospects opened on June 15, Gunn said he's been hearing "a lot" from Indiana.

Gunn's role changed dramatically from his freshman to sophomore season. On a veteran 23-4 team his first season, nearly half of his field-goal attempts came from the 3-point line and he made 45 percent to average 11.7 points and 5.3 rebounds. As the lone returning starter as a sophomore, Gunn's role expanded and he averaged 18.0 points and 10.2 rebounds for a team that finished 9-17 but made a run to the sectional championship game.

Gunn said Saint Louis assistant coach Calbert Cheaney has also ramped up his contact recently. Michigan, Michigan State and Xavier have also been in touch since June 15.

On Indiana: "I've watched IU since they had D.J. White and I've always been a fan. Crean has kept in contact and said he'd love to coach me. It'd be a dream to play there."