Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

So was there a leak of information out of the Wilkes camp? I'm trying to figure out what happened over the weekend.. Crystal Ball is 100% UCLA now? I know I'm late to the party here. Doesn't look good. 

One leak was brian Bowen canceling his UCLA visit because UCLA had in his words received a commitment from a similar player

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So was there a leak of information out of the Wilkes camp? I'm trying to figure out what happened over the weekend.. Crystal Ball is 100% UCLA now? I know I'm late to the party here. Doesn't look good. 

Definitely late to the party.

Yes, the likely reasoning was Wilkes informed Illinois and Indiana that it would not be them. The local media then tweeted/leaked that it wasn't going to be Indiana and UCLA was a lock.

It was well crafted by the Wilkes family to get the outburst out of the way and early. It was very strategic.

Edit- also what USPS said corroborates the timing.

29 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Definitely late to the party.

Yes, the likely reasoning was Wilkes informed Illinois and Indiana that it would not be them. The local media then tweeted/leaked that it wasn't going to be Indiana and UCLA was a lock.

It was well crafted by the Wilkes family to get the outburst out of the way and early. It was very strategic.

Edit- also what USPS said corroborates the timing.

Well can't say I'm shocked.. Doesn't give me much hope to land upcoming 5 star players coming out of the state of Indiana either. Depending on who's leaving, there could be a couple tough years for this program unless something major changes IMO. There is no star power on the roster once Bryant, Blackmon, and OG leave. 

Just now, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Well can't say I'm shocked.. Doesn't give me much hope to land upcoming 5 star players coming out of the state of Indiana either. Depending on who's leaving, there could be a couple tough years for this program unless something major changes IMO. There is no star power on the roster once Bryant, Blackmon, and OG leave. 

Nothing like writing off 2017-2018 before we've even seen a game in 2016!

5 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Nothing like writing off 2017-2018 before we've even seen a game in 2016!

Wilkes is a 2017 recruit who has no impact in 2016. So naturally I would be alluding to the future of this program, which I think looks kinda bleak at this moment assuming Bryant, Blackmon, and OG leave. 

5 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Wilkes is a 2017 recruit who has no impact in 2016. So naturally I would be alluding to the future of this program, which I think looks kinda bleak at this moment assuming Bryant, Blackmon, and OG leave. 

The players on this roster, even the ones you listed, will have an impact on 2017. So pretty difficult to forecast the future of the program without seeing how this current roster develops, how they all progress during the offseason, and how our current 2017 recruits perform and develop. We can have more intelligent discussions about this after the fall and spring recruiting periods have concluded, the 2016-2017 season is over, and the NBA Draft deadline has passed. 

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

The players on this roster, even the ones you listed, will have an impact on 2017. So pretty difficult to forecast the future of the program without seeing how this current roster develops, how they all progress during the offseason, and how our current 2017 recruits perform and develop. We can have more intelligent discussions about this after the fall and spring recruiting periods have concluded, the 2016-2017 season is over, and the NBA Draft deadline has passed. 

What you're saying is true, but a lot of the chatter on these forums is based on speculation, opinions, and educated guesses. I mean people are talking about 2019 recruits...

Based on the makeup of the roster and an educated guess that Bryant, Blackmon, and OG leave after this season as well as no 5 star players joining the roster, I am saying that there could be a tough year or two coming up. 

What you're saying is true, but a lot of the chatter on these forums is based on speculation, opinions, and educated guesses. I mean people are talking about 2019 recruits...

Based on the makeup of the roster and an educated guess that Bryant, Blackmon, and OG leave after this season as well as no 5 star players joining the roster, I am saying that there could be a tough year or two coming up. 

And someone else could make an educated guess and say based on the makeup of the roster and guessing og , Bryant, and Blackmon( I guess) all leave the roster would still have 6 out of 13 players (3 upperclassmen) that were top 120 recruits and say that there could be a good year or 2 coming up. Who knows what other teams in the big 10 will look like that far in advanced. I guess this is what message boards are for talking about what a roster could be in 2017-18 Who knows really but I'm sure it will be a fun ride regardless in 365 days

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

And someone else could make an educated guess and say based on the makeup of the roster and guessing og , Bryant, and Blackmon( I guess) all leave the roster would still have 6 out of 13 players (3 upperclassmen) that were top 120 recruits and say that there could be a good year or 2 coming up. Who knows what other teams in the big 10 will look like that far in advanced. I guess this is what message boards are for talking about what a roster could be in 2017-18 Who knows really but I'm sure it will be a fun ride regardless in 365 days

You could absolutely make those educated guesses and I wouldn't stop you... I might disagree with you though.