Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

I don't consider it Crean bashing.

Also, doesn't that kind of info further the conundrum? What does it take? His entire family told him to go to IU yet he didn't? To me, that adds to our appearance of recruiting inadequacies if anything.

My reactions in this thread aren't focused on Kris Wilkes. It's a cumulative effect.

Had we got a Bamba, Preston ( fingers crossed, I like him better), Bowen, Jaren Jackson or like talent in the class it would make the likely loss of TB and OG more palatable.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

No one knows what it takes. I think sometimes a lot of you guys forget these are 17 yr old kids who can't even decide on what they want for breakfast sometimes. They can change their mind based on what the weather is like on any given day.

What else was Crean supposed to do with someone like Lee? He did all he could and his family even wanted IU but a teenager is going to do whatever a teenager wants and there really isn't anything anyone can do about it. The only other thing Crean could've done would've been to kidnap the kid and brainwash him to the point that he wanted to go to IU. I'm not a Crean fan by any stretch of the imagination but sometimes anything short of putting some money in a kids pocket won't be enough and there's nothing he can do about it.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

That's not fair pap nobody is bashing Crean people are genuinely upset with our recruiting. It wouldn't matter who the coach was.  So true.

To target double digit 5 stars these last 2 years and whiff on all of them is disappointing beyond belief. 

To once again be staring down a 'few down years' is just depressing. With the amount of money spent on recruiting it's also unacceptable. 

The resources we devote to basketball should guarantee a team capable of being in the mix year in and year out and we aren't getting that. 

This isn't bashing Crean. But the results we are getting are unacceptable and disheartening. 

Maybe you can give us some insight pap. If we aren't selling One and done to our recruits why do we keep targeting kids that expect to be one and done?

To basically all your points....there are two signing periods. 

Who said IU isn't selling One and Done? Don't think that's good info, Brass

No one knows what it takes. I think sometimes a lot of you guys forget these are 17 yr old kids who can't even decide on what they want for breakfast sometimes. They can change their mind based on what the weather is like on any given day.

The hapless teenager excuse holds for the teams that miss. 1 team gets that hapless, clueless, indecisive teen. Other schools are selling better than us on kids we ARE choosing to recruit. I think anything else is just an excuse. We have to do better.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

Not relevant at all but Marcus Lee's entire family told him to go to IU.

Back to bashing Crean :)

Wow that's interesting, can't say we really missed on him since he didn't pan out that well, but he would have been helpful for us around the rim for sure.

I just want to make it clear that I'm not bashing Crean though.  I like Crean and think he's a good coach and recruiter.  My issue seems more with kids these days I guess.

Crean works his @ss off in recruiting, no doubt about that.  It seems like despite all of that hard work and advantages/attractiveness IU has, Crean's message seems to fall on deaf ears with the elite top 10 guys.  For whatever reason, IU just isn't a sexy destination right now for those kids every year.

39 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

This thread will be really something if by some chance he chooses IU. I guess most of the points will still stand but where they are rooted will be moot. I'm ready for it to be over.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yup. Keeping my expectations low so it's not so disappointing if he does choose UCLA. I'm ready for this to be official either way so we can move on to other targets as well.

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

This thread will be really something if by some chance he chooses IU. I guess most of the points will still stand but where they are rooted will be moot. I'm ready for it to be over.

As are most of the threads with big time recruits.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Decision coming Nov 13th. Thanks to all the Kris Wilkes fans that rock with me. Don't forget to come support this season emoji6.pngemoji453.png ...
@kadw31

2 more weeks?  

mad-man.jpg

All joking aside, why another 2 weeks?  Is he playing everyone (I really don't believe he is)?  Is he really torn and smack dab on the middle of the fence?  Is there some other domino he's waiting to see fall?  Pap - we need a voice of reason and your insight.  Is there any significance at all to wait another 2 weeks?