Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Any faith we do that? We just have to hope like heck we can find more VOs and OGs under rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IDK. But if we don't get some elite talent we won't be a good team. The OG's/Oladipos are extremely rare. I almost like our chances of landing 5 stars better than finding more of them. 

200% press on Preston. I'd love to press for Bowen too if we have any chance. Probably too late there. Smith was always our Wilkes plan anyway. I guess we'll see how that works out. We sure as heck aren't replacing TB with this recruiting class. Not that Wilkes does that at all.

Very confusing recruiting year. Very.

Highly likely our recruiting class will look like this:

***Justin Smith
***David Beatty
***Clifton Moore
****Justin Smith

That's three 3 stars and a 4 star coming off a B1G championship and beating UK to get to the Sweet 16, and going into the season as a borderline top-10 team.

If you told me that would be our 2017 class, I certainly would not have called that a success.  That said, it's pointless to judge a recruiting class before they ever step foot on campus.  We'll know in a few years if it's a good class or not.

Highly likely our recruiting class will look like this:

***Justin Smith
***David Beatty
***Clifton Moore
****Justin Smith

That's three 3 stars and a 4 star coming off a B1G championship and beating UK to get to the Sweet 16, and going into the season as a borderline top-10 team.

If you told me that would be our 2017 class, I certainly would not have called that a success.  That said, it's pointless to judge a recruiting class before they ever step foot on campus.  We'll know in a few years if it's a good class or not.

On 247 (which I go by) Beatty is a 4 star

1 minute ago, HoosierRob said:

On 247 (which I go by) Beatty is a 4 star

Yeah he's a 3/4 star guy, he seems like a good player and all but is far from the headliner we could use in this class.

I'd love to be wrong, but I have zero faith in getting Preston. He'll end up at USC and we'll never hear from him again.

Yeah he's a 3/4 star guy, he seems like a good player and all but is far from the headliner we could use in this class.

I'd love to be wrong, but I have zero faith in getting Preston. He'll end up at USC and we'll never hear from him again.

True.. doesn't look like we will get the headliner we all wanted. Next year may be a tough one.

Getting a few high 3 stars/ low 4 stars is good, but that can't be all we get when we're losing top players every year. Crean develops players as well as anyone imo, but that takes time. If you want to compete you need instant high impact players. 

If he does pick UCLA, it's pretty crappy of him to come to the football games and practice/scrimmage

Why? He has came to IU since the 4th grade. He can keep coming even if he goes to UCLA. This was a business decision in his head.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So many thoughts flying through my head.

I'm not in the least bit surprised we didn't land Wilkes. Can Crean continue to have upper tier success with mid-level talent? Can we get Preston? Missing primary targets like crazy that we spent nearly all of July on and previous years.
Are we better off missing these primadonnas anyway?

Our recruiting budget has to be the worst bang for the buck in the country. I know this thought seems to make many upset but in today's landscape we are seeing a ton of recruiting dollars completely wasted.

Im frustrated and will have to wait and see how things turn out.

Preston could change things for us quickly.

I'm also expecting to hear more names enter the fray soon when we figure Preston out.

3 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

If he does pick UCLA, it's pretty crappy of him to come to the football games and practice/scrimmage

Disagree, he could've genuinely been undecided or leaning toward IU then had a change of heart.  Plus he's close so it'd be easy to swing to catch a game.

I wouldn't call it trolling unless he genuinely had no interest in coming to IU.  Now, Alexander picking up the Illinois hat to put it down and choose Kansas, THAT was trolling.

Let's not make our fanbase look salty with the trolling BS. Kids like attention. IU fans gave him attention. He liked the attention IU fans gave him. Best of luck to Kris, on to the next one. (If he does choose UCLA)

26 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I just don't understand what's wrong with iu. Why don't players wanna play here ?!

We are recruiting the wrong players. If you are selling development you target high 4 stars not 5 stars and lower end 4 stars. The high 4 stars give you close to the talent of the 5 star but understand they aren't 1 and dones. 

then again we couldn't land Waters because a coaching staff came in at the last minute promising something that more than likely isn't going to happen the way they said it would. 

Why? He has came to IU since the 4th grade. He can keep coming even if he goes to UCLA. This was a business decision in his head.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote

I really understand that but when you go to the games and practices, it comes off different for the fans. Like everyone on here thought he was for sure coming here because he was at practice and the football games after his OV. It just rubs some people the wrong way