Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

Justins says it's over

Tough to argue with that reasoning. We aren't going to get these sort of one-and-done players with Crean. It's the bed we've made and have to live with that. Just wish we wouldn't waste our time recruiting kids who make it clear they want to be one-and-done.

How is UCLA and Steve Alford the best for being a one-and-done?

Cream is honest to a fault. He gives players a list of areas they can improve. Might not be what Wilkes wants to hear if he wants to go to the NBA ASAP. Crean might have had a different vision for his development and isn't going to lie to him. Who knows what Alford told him...

Not that it matters but IU won't be ranked in the preseason next year unless we get a Preston.

No way you lose Blackmon, OG, and Bryant and not replace them with (nationally regarded) top talent and stay ranked.

We MAY still be good but we won't win the off season and won't be the talk of basketball.

Pretty depressing really.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not that it matters but IU won't be ranked in the preseason next year unless we get a Preston.

No way you lose Blackmon, OG, and Bryant and not replace them with (nationally regarded) top talent and stay ranked.

We MAY still be good but we won't win the off season and won't be the talk of basketball.

Pretty depressing really.

Unacceptable is the word not depressing 

UCLA is not a better program than IU. They do not develop players at all. A lot of 5 star players go to UCLA and you never hear about them. I just don't understand how it's more intriguing then IU. Maybe he's scared of competition?

Nope. Crean isn't selling one and done. He's selling development. It's not working for getting 5 stars.
Maybe we get better teammates this way but eventually talent will be an issue.

I am still holding out hope for Preston, I think we have a much better shot with him than we are getting credit for.  I think there is a lot about the IU atmosphere that will appeal to him, but I have heard he loves Cali.  Got my fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Nope. Crean isn't selling one and done. He's selling development. It's not working for getting 5 stars.
Maybe we get better teammates this way but eventually talent will be an issue.

If he's not selling 1 and done why are we wasting so much time on 5 stars guys who typically all WANT to be 1 and done. 

If he's not selling 1 and done why are we wasting so much time on 5 stars guys who typically all WANT to be 1 and done. 

I think you have to if there is a mutual interest. Crean would be crazy not to. Talent wins. At the same time he has to learn to pander better to that talent or we will be in the same boat every year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app