Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

3 hours ago, HoosierRob said:

Alford wins lots of recruiting battles. He may not do a lot with the talent, but he gets lots of it since he's been at ucla.

Yea him being that close to IU sucks, but don't discredit Alford. He's a great recruiter who tells these kids what they want to hear.

Was Alford a great recruiter before UCLA? I don't remember doing much at New Mexico with his recruiting classes and Iowa was too long ago for me to remember. 

14 hours ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Called this months ago. There has to be a disconnect in the state of Indiana between the current IU coaching staff and high school programs.. I don't know how else to explain continuously losing out on some of the best talent in the country in their own back yards. Really sucks. I fear the same is going to happen with Langford next year. 

Something is seriously wrong with the way Indiana recruits its back yard.

11 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

After what I saw on Friday I doubt we drop that far.  Newkirk, Johnson, Cujo, Morgan and Davis with McSwain and Green off the Bench. 

Need a grad transfer big or Moore to be the real deal but that's a solid rotation that makes the tourney. 

We do need to make a splash in recruiting but honestly I don't see us winning any of the big timers in 2018. Would rather focus energy on Watford and target some solid high 4 stars in 2018. 

I completely agree. The bigtime win on national tv will do us some good for the 2018 class, as well as our bigtime season this year. I think Crean and the program are going to finally get the good publicity they deserve and we will certainly pick up momentum.

As for next year...

Assuming OG,TB, and JBJ all leave early. We are still absolutely loaded next year. Maybe not top ten but still top twenty in what would most likely still be a transition year but still a solid outlook in 2017. We would still have a solid lineup. A transfer grad big will probably be necessary to be a champ contender. 

Starters...

Senior-Newkirk

Senior-Johnson

Sophomore-Jones

Junior-Morgan

Sophomore-Davis

Bench...

Sophomore-Green

Freshman-Smith

Freshman-Moore

Sophomore-Gelon

Senior-Priller

Senior-Hartman??

I know I'm missing a couple plus walk-ons, but we will have plenty of talent. Enough to at least compete big time

Kris Wilkes made a decision and regardless of anyone's mental capacity to grasp it without attacking him, it was his informed decision. Amazing how we attack an 18 year old and question his motives while putting our hurt feelings in most responses to his decision. You win and lose in recruiting and often times it has nothing to do with the pitch or the close.