Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

All joking aside, why another 2 weeks?  Is he playing everyone (I really don't believe he is)?  Is he really torn and smack dab on the middle of the fence?  Is there some other domino he's waiting to see fall?  Pap - we need a voice of reason and your insight.  Is there any significance at all to wait another 2 weeks?

It's related to how he's announcing. May be a tv thing but that was up in the air.

On 10/29/2016 at 6:33 PM, Stuhoo said:

Not coming to IU? That's the day he'll officially become completely irrelevant to me.

9 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

Bozich just tweeted IU no longer an option. It's officially over. Time to move on.

It is unofficially over...

On the verge of complete irrelevance to Hoosier Nation.

The Waters loss is much more disappointing for me than Wilkes. Waters is a three year player at a much needed and more important position. Wilkes is a one and done. The fallout from the loss on Waters is that we'll likely get another combo guard, so we'll have an enormous log jam of average sized shooting guards without anyone capable of handling the ball and running the offense.

Losing out on Wilkes sucks because he's an instate kid and is an emotional representation of a shutout loss on a very talented instate class. Not only that, but we wasted a lot of time recruiting him. As soon as he made his desires of being a one and done clear, we should have said good luck and gone our separate ways.

Taking emotions out of it, the actual fallout from Wilkes isn't that bad. Crean has a good record of finding underrated wings, like OG and Morgan. He won't have a problem finding another wing. We have enough scoring guards, one or two of them is bound to pan out. We need legit point guards and big men!

I think the most frustrating thing here is the amount of time we waste on players who want to be one and done, then after a year of recruitment we get turned down because we aren't a good fit. Just stay away from these sort of players all together. I wouldn't bother with Preston either.

17 minutes ago, akhosrof said:

The Waters loss is much more disappointing for me than Wilkes. Waters is a three year player at a much needed and more important position. Wilkes is a one and done. The fallout from the loss on Waters is that we'll likely get another combo guard, so we'll have an enormous log jam of average sized shooting guards without anyone capable of handling the ball and running the offense.

Losing out on Wilkes sucks because he's an instate kid and is an emotional representation of a shutout loss on a very talented instate class. Not only that, but we wasted a lot of time recruiting him. As soon as he made his desires of being a one and done clear, we should have said good luck and gone our separate ways.

Taking emotions out of it, the actual fallout from Wilkes isn't that bad. Crean has a good record of finding underrated wings, like OG and Morgan. He won't have a problem finding another wing. We have enough scoring guards, one or two of them is bound to pan out. We need legit point guards and big men!

I think the most frustrating thing here is the amount of time we waste on players who want to be one and done, then after a year of recruitment we get turned down because we aren't a good fit. Just stay away from these sort of players all together. I wouldn't bother with Preston either.

Its too late to back off of Preston because now Crean has put us in a position that we need a 1 and done type talent to compete next year. 

We haven't actually seen anyone come out and say that though

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bozich and Daniels are pretty trustworthy. On top of Pap saying the decision is the 13th because of TV, I'm comfortable saying this is over.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Bozich and Daniels are pretty trustworthy. On top of Pap saying the decision is the 13th because of TV, I'm comfortable saying this is over.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah all signs are pointing to UCLA, but no one has actually "leaked" that Wilkes will choose UCLA. Who knows what happens two weeks from now. Keeping expectations down, but I'm saying there's a chance haha

Yeah all signs are pointing to UCLA, but no one has actually "leaked" that Wilkes will choose UCLA. Who knows what happens two weeks from now. Keeping expectations down, but I'm saying there's a chance haha

He has already informed Indiana and Illinois that he is going to UCLA. It's done

On 10/27/2016 at 3:44 PM, Alford Bailey said:

We have to work really hard and even some top recruits that we have landed it seems like it was a tough decision to come to IU. Wish we could get a couple 5 star targets to pop for us quickly like some of the lesser ranked recruits do.

Bozich's tweet said Indiana is out of the recruitment.