Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

He Needs to be shooting 100 FTs a day this year. Only shoots 50-60% from the stripe. Must improve efficiency to reach his potential.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

A summer with the shot doc could help that. I do agree in order for him to be considered an all conference player he needs to be above 75%.

On that note, IU needs to be living at the line this season.

I think Wilkes and Smith could eventually be dangerous together. Their styles matchup great. That athleticism at the 3 and 4 or even 2/3 could be scary good.

There are a lot of "if s" in this scenario but if Fischer had stayed, if another big was landed, if Troy could have shot a bit better from deep, etc. than he could have played the 2 in different lineups.

I would love to see some of the wings/guards practice in the post more and then take advantage in games. Crean talks about teaching the bugs guard skills but I'd like to see that flipped too. Could you imagine Wilkes getting a pg switched into him and then going to work in the post?!

A summer with the shot doc could help that. I do agree in order for him to be considered an all conference player he needs to be above 75%.

On that note, IU needs to be living at the line this season.

We should be a good FT shooting team this year.

Good for position:Rojo, JBJ, Cujo, DeRon, TB, Juwan

Questions: OG, Newkirk, Green, McSwain. (Hoping and expecting OG, Newkirk to be improved). I just don't know on Green and McSwain, they may be good already.

Rojo needs to improve as well. 40% 3 point shooter and 65% FTs??? Surprised. Expecting closer to 75-80 this year.

That baffles me to see kids shoot 40% from deep but in the 60s% from the line. I get that they're working on their range a ton because that's the offense but FREEthrows man!

7 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Awfully optimistic here but I'd like to see our resident insiders chime in with thoughts as well to confirm my optimism!

I am trying to make a case for him to choose UCLA or Illinois. Here is what I have come up with:

UCLA: tradition, nice weather, traditionally puts players in the NBA

Illinois: Will give him all the playing time and shots he wants - I can't come up with anything else.

I don't think either case is anywhere NEAR as strong as the IU case.

3 minutes ago, Beachfront Property said:

I am trying to make a case for him to choose UCLA or Illinois. Here is what I have come up with:

UCLA: tradition, nice weather, traditionally puts players in the NBA

Illinois: Will give him all the playing time and shots he wants - I can't come up with anything else.

I don't think either case is anywhere NEAR as strong as the IU case.

I agree, except relationships are very important in recruiting kids too.  Maybe he has a good relationship with Groce and Co. at ILL which could account for something.

Even if he did, Crean has been recruiting him since 8th grade IIRC.  No way Illinois or UCLA have an advantage in the "relationship with coaches" category.

It's really only down to IU and UCLA here. Illinois made a heavy push but it's just hard to see Kris seeing a better situation in the neighboring state than he has right here. UCLA is closer than originally thought, though. Even heard that it is close to 50/50 as of right now, which surprised me and not sure if true. I still do not see him moving that far away from home. Still expect it to be IU in the end.

That comment by Bamba made me even more excited!! Like we have all thought and that seems to confirm Wilkes always wanted to come here, but just wanted to make sure and work on relationships. NO recruit will just keep one school involved regardless how much they like the school. The decision coming soon part is even more exciting cause now we should know for sure here in a cpl weeks.