Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SF Kris Wilkes to UCLA

37 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Personally, I wouldn't avoid the conversation.  That just seems like you are hiding something or trying to guide the conversation in a certain direction without being completely open.  I would answer the question head on and be honest.  They were better that night and hit a ton of threes, both contested and open.  We need you (Wilkes) to build our talent to win another B1G regular season championship, go deep into the B1G tourney, and get over the Sweet 16 to challenge for a national title.  If we can add Wilkes on the wing with OG in the starting lineup that could be one of the best 1-2 punch on the wings.  If we land you we need you to work on your '17 recruiting class to increase out talent level.  When we get our team with you as a feature we will go deep into these tourneys.  Look back at those Indiana players on those teams, they are forever remembered in IU lore.  You can have that opportunity here at IU.

Just my thoughts on how to approach it.  I wouldn't even take digs at UNC's current situation but I would without a doubt emphasize to his parents about Zeller returning to complete his degree, Oladipo getting his degree in three years, other players completing their degree in three years, some players doing grad degrees before leaving IU.  Marni is a great asset to the program and she does a wonderful job for our men's team.

Yes we should tell all our recruits that we just got lucky when beating UK! They sucked but we suck more and we got lucky! They are on the radar of every top recruit in the country and get whoever they want but when we beat them they sucked. I hope most of you know this is tongue in cheek and I am just trying to make a point. Go IU! 

To be perfectly honest, I can't think of another school in the country other than maybe Duke or MSU, that develops wings better than IU. We consistently are developing a SF type player, whether he's a top talent or not.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 8/8/2016 at 3:27 PM, Calipari said:

To be perfectly honest, I can't think of another school in the country other than maybe Duke or MSU, that develops wings better than IU. We consistently are developing a SF type player, whether he's a top talent or not.

The only person that develops wings better than IU is Buffalo Wild Wings :92:

And if he goes to a conference rival I'm gonna be very disappointed!

I really don't see that happening. I don't think there is much there with Ill or O$U but some see Michigan as a possible threat. They have a good class building already.

Edit: Michigan, Ill, and Wiscy already have good classes for 2017.

Kansas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Please provide examples.... Andrew Wiggins was the top recruit in the country and turned out to go #1 overall. Shocker. Carlton Bragg another 5️ was used very poorly his first year and didn't live up to the hype at all. Wayne Selden who was also a top recruit who stayed 3 years in college and managed to go undrafted. Similar to Troy although Wayne was a much better recruit. These are just the first 3 that come to mind for me.

Please provide examples.... Andrew Wiggins was the top recruit in the country and turned out to go #1 overall. Shocker. Carlton Bragg another 5️ was used very poorly his first year and didn't live up to the hype at all. Wayne Selden who was also a top recruit who stayed 3 years in college and managed to go undrafted. Similar to Troy although Wayne was a much better recruit. These are just the first 3 that come to mind for me.

We've had Sheehey and Oladipo. Williams didn't get any better. Hollowell got worse. Remy didn't get any better. Hell a lot have just left recently.

We've had Sheehey and Oladipo. Williams didn't get any better. Hollowell got worse. Remy didn't get any better. Hell a lot have just left recently.

You really think Williams didn't get better over his 3 years? I am not saying Oladipo jump but dude got better. He became a better rebounder and shooter from Frosh to Junior year. I thought Remy was solid for what he was. I think Hollowell is only good if he is physically more dominant because he is so soft. I agree with you he regressed if we can call it that. I don't think he ever showed up. But he never played a wing under Crean. For some reason he was utilized like Watford was.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Ha! Good catch, meant North Carolina

Haha no worries. FWIW, I've heard Kris is not going to UNC. 

Am I saying they won't be in his top5? No, maybe he keeps a bluebood in for "show" but unless something drastically changes, Kris won't be a Tar Heel.

2 minutes ago, PrideofFeeLane said:

Am I saying they won't be in his top5? No, maybe he keeps a bluebood in for "show" but unless something drastically changes, Kris won't be a Tar Heel.

I have absolutely no inside information on this.  I'm just going off of feel.  X gets the nod for top 5 because they seem to be on just about everyone's final list.  UCLA because he has said he will take an official there.  UNC because he made a big deal out of getting that offer and Michigan because they're getting love in the CB.

I like that information though.

3 minutes ago, PrideofFeeLane said:

I sure hope you heard correctly.

Wilkes going anywhere else other than IU would sting more than losing anyone I could remember.