Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PG Paul Scruggs to Xavier

Going to see this kid play again tonight. I hope he has a big game, I believe this game could win the Conference for Southport. I will let you know what happens.

Sent from my fingertips using BtownBanners

Thanks coach. Curious to see what Scruggs Paul and Brunk do tonight. Please provide some stats if you could.

I don't know official stats but Southport had a Nebraska like game. Down 15 in the 3rd and came back to win by 2 in OT. My wife was able to pick Scruggs out on the court by his play alone. All I told her was one player has an offer and asked if she could guess who it was. Took her all of 2 mins to know.
I still can't believe at 6'10" Brunk does not jump for ball, they have a guy listed at 6'4" who does the tip. I wish he would demand the ball, not many HS kids can match his height. He should be averaging a double double every game. He is still young, should improve drastically, you can't teach size.

I don't know official stats but Southport had a Nebraska like game. Down 15 in the 3rd and came back to win by 2 in OT. My wife was able to pick Scruggs out on the court by his play alone. All I told her was one player has an offer and asked if she could guess who it was. Took her all of 2 mins to know.
I still can't believe at 6'10" Brunk does not jump for ball, they have a guy listed at 6'4" who does the tip. I wish he would demand the ball, not many HS kids can match his height. He should be averaging a double double every game. He is still young, should improve drastically, you can't teach size.

Just curious here, what did you think of Josh Speidel from Columbus North? I seen he had 33 last night.

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="34096" timestamp="1391267704"]Just curious here, what did you think of Josh Speidel from Columbus North? I seen he had 33 last night.[/quote]

The kid make shots, you have to guard him. If your not in his face, it's nothing but net. Not super athletic but a very nice jumper. You can tell he puts time in the gym.

[quote name="coachmayhew" post="34102" timestamp="1391267926"]The kid make shots, you have to guard him. If your not in his face, it's nothing but net. Not super athletic but a very nice jumper. You can tell he puts time in the gym.

Sent from my fingertips using BtownBanners[/quote]

It's posts like these that really make me want to have a high school hoops forum. Only people living in Indiana would really understand that though...

From last night.

Kyle Neddenriep ‏@KyleNeddenriep  12h

Scruggs 13
Joey Brunk 22

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="38220" timestamp="1392350192"]^^Just for you coach.

Indy Hoosiers ‏@Indyhoosiersbba 1h
'17 Scruggs 21 pts 11 rbs on 9/11 shooting in SHS 69-49 win vs BNL. Go Frosh! '16 Brunk 25 pts 13 rbs. Tandom helped SHS to confirm title.[/quote]

Thanks, the best part about HS basketball is these kids stay in school.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using BtownBanners mobile app

Southport Cardinals ‏@Spt_athletics  12h
Cards Boys Basketball defeat Roncalli 65-61 to improve to 12-7 on the season. Freshmen Paul Scruggs led the Cards with 18 pts and 9 rebounds

Also: Southport vs Terra Haute South on Stream Thursday @ 730 ET. There is usually an archived replay after the game in that link

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="67543" timestamp="1400725295"]Indy Hoosiers ‏@Indyhoosiersbba 37m
Scruggs, Wilkes, Gunn headed home from IU visit. Very impressive visit. coach Crean/Staff absolutely impress. Kids feel good about IU[/quote] Wait, why are we recruiting Indiana kids? I thought we don't do that.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.