Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PG Paul Scruggs to Xavier

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

You also look at how Crean runs his offense. After Yogi; Troy, RoJo, and JBJ all spent a solid amount of time handling the ball. If something happens, as I project, with the guard situation after this season Waters and Scruggs could both find themselves playing a lot of minutes. Their sophomore year there will likely only be one guard with gaurs teed minutes in CuJo. It wouldn't be ideal but there is a path to having all three (Durham, Scruggs, and Waters) attend IU. Not likely but possible.

Yeah, you bring up a good point. Sounds like from that tweet tonight's visit was about how IU plans to use Scruggs. I'll know more on the visit in the morning. But those are some direct conversations between the players camp and the staff so while the initial perception from the recruit (Waters) may be, " Oh, this is crowded" IU may have a plan to use both. Now, opposing schools are going to point out what I said above while promising they have the best opportunity soooo

11 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

Yeah, you bring up a good point. Sounds like from that tweet tonight's visit was about how IU plans to use Scruggs. I'll know more on the visit in the morning. But those are some direct conversations between the players camp and the staff so while the initial perception from the recruit (Waters) may be, " Oh, this is crowded" IU may have a plan to use both. Now, opposing schools are going to point out what I said above while promising they have the best opportunity soooo

It's morning :)

On 6/14/2016 at 7:42 PM, XLevel said:

A source very close to Paul has told me he was not impressed with his visit to Xavier this past weekend and is visiting Michigan and Kentucky soon, but does not like either school.  Granted things can change during a visit, but it sounds pretty good for us.  He even used examples of why he did not like Kentucky.  I can't give those examples here because I don't want to out my source.

As I mentioned before, things can change, but the way my source talked about Xavier, Michigan, and Kentucky, I am very surprised to see so much Xavier talk.  Apparently the Michigan and Kentucky statements were right on, as they did not make his final 5.  I am concerned any time I see Michigan St and UConn involved though.

Did I mention I was within 94' of Scruggs when I got this info?

It was just the one very candid conversation, but I still think we are in the driver's seat with Scruggs and hope it reels in Wilkes as well.

On 8/2/2016 at 11:13 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's morning :)

I'm late. Mike Peterson sorta shed some light on the visit via twitter but basically IU did very well. Mom, Dad, Paul and Peterson sat down w Crean and co. and went over their plan for Paul and how he fits, academics, etc. IU did well and it will be interesting to see how this stacks up against Xavier's visit. Xavier is underwhelming in many aspects, as someone mentioned above, but can the playing time and position guarantee overshadow those? I can see that happening. Regardless, Peterson may be slightly biased to IU, but is going to influence the best way he sees fit for Paul Scruggs, as any decent coach would. 

I think this one wraps up soon, either way. He may take his officials to see whats out there but there are a firm two.

I'm getting sick of us not getting a recruit to pop early. Feels like we are always in a scramble to pick up the pieces at the end. He'd be a good one to go early for us.

I understand where you are coming from but elites or high 4 stars don't typically pop early and stay committed. We have a '17 pop early and people are leery. Every year this is the same convo this time of year until things shake out, and becomes a damned if you do and damned if you don't thing.

Out of curiosity would Scruggs impact Langford at all Pap?

I'm not pap but I doubt Scruggs has an impact on Langford's decision. We will lose JN, RoJo, and JBJ leaving with CuJo, Green, Durham, and Gelon for the 2018 season. If we land Scruggs in 2017 he'll be a starter in 2018. If we land Langford I would imagine a three guard lineup wouldn't be far fetched unless Scruggs is ready to go at PG. if that's the case a Scruggs and Langford backcourt would be ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm not pap but I doubt Scruggs has an impact on Langford's decision. We will lose JN, RoJo, and JBJ leaving with CuJo, Green, Durham, and Gelon for the 2018 season. If we land Scruggs in 2017 he'll be a starter in 2018. If we land Langford I would imagine a three guard lineup wouldn't be far fetched unless Scruggs is ready to go at PG. if that's the case a Scruggs and Langford backcourt would be ridiculous.

I meant more of would Scruggs attract Langford in any way. Poorly said it though

I meant more of would Scruggs attract Langford in any way. Poorly said it though

My bad, I interpreted it the other way. I'm not an expert but I don't think he would anymore than an in-state player asking him to go to IU. I don't think there is any AAU connection or any serious friendships from camps. Again, that's just my uneducated guess.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

My bad, I interpreted it the other way. I'm not an expert but I don't think he would anymore than an in-state player asking him to go to IU. I don't think there is any AAU connection or any serious friendships from camps. Again, that's just my uneducated guess.

Kinda what I figured somebody we could point to in an attempt to impress Romeo at his supporting cast. I would imagine having a stellar big will be important as well in that pitch

I'm getting sick of us not getting a recruit to pop early. Feels like we are always in a scramble to pick up the pieces at the end. He'd be a good one to go early for us.

Durham has been committed for quite some time now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would be happy with Scruggs. Crazy wingspan.

So if we had our pick, Waters or Scruggs? I like the physical gifts of Scruggs.

I admit I'm weary of another undersized guard unless he is exceptionally talented. (Ulis, Yogi type)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I think Waters is being projected to be that type after some development. I would love a commitment from Scruggs and for him to stick as the PG. I would love a backcourt that went 6-4 and 6-4+.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I believe Never Daunted was thinking of a bigger fish. There are several schools that seem to get big fish early in the recruiting process. I believe this is what they were referring to.

Hey... only two of the 247 composite 2017 top ten are currently committed (Porter to his dad's school U Washington, and Mitchell Robinson to Western Kentucky). Only ten of the top 50 are committed (to UWash, Illinois, Auburn (2), WKU, UCLA (2), UNC, Arkansas, UF).  Twenty from 50-100 are committed; seems like the 5 star players can afford to take their time, eh?

Hey... only two of the 247 composite 2017 top ten are currently committed (Porter to his dad's school U Washington, and Mitchell Robinson to Western Kentucky). Only ten of the top 50 are committed (to UWash, Illinois, Auburn (2), WKU, UCLA (2), UNC, Arkansas, UF).  Twenty from 50-100 are committed; seems like the 5 star players can afford to take their time, eh?

Without a doubt they can but it's odd that Ill and a few others are getting those commits. UNC, UCLA, and a few others seem to have early commits. I believe those two already have commits lined up for 2018 and not in the 200+ range.