Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuhoo

Malachi and DRob?

Anyone got any feedback on how their Bloomington weekend went?This thread represents my attempt to compile intell on our chances with the two apples of our recruiting eye

the way they talked on twitter, it sounded like they were pretty impressed

Malachi Richardson‏@TheLifeOfMali2332m

@aletrev

alexandra trevino‏@aletrev49m

@TheLifeOfMali23

Malachi Richardson‏@TheLifeOfMali2320m

@aletrev: @TheLifeOfMali23 happy we met! Hopefully you can come back soon” me too we gotta stay in touch

Malachi Richardson‏@TheLifeOfMali2312m

@pootie_teng: Looks like @TheLifeOfMali23 found love at IU, next step commit. #HOOSIERNATION”LMFAO

Looks like Malachi had a  good time!  :crazy: 

Not quite the Zeller Fanta girls, but nice all the same.  

6'6" 2014 small forward Bonzie Colson committed to Notre Dame today.

ND signing a 2014 sf can't help ND's chances with DRob.

Think he has an OV next  weekend to UConn. I know the experts pick them,but you hear anything on their side?

Drob visits UCONN Oct. 18, as will Malachi Richardson. The last few picks on 247Sports' crystal ball predict Robinson will go to Indiana. All I've seen on twitter is the Hoosiers gaining momentum with the young forward.

Think he has an OV next weekend to UConn. I know the experts pick them,but you hear anything on their side?

Their Boneyard board is pretty sane. They are saying that they have much less of a logjam at the sf spot than us (probably true) and that Tony Squire, Devin's AAU coach has very strong ties to UConn. But...that Squire is not a 'handler' and will not try to dictate where he ends up. Likely why we felt comfortable getting so far into the mix.

They like their chances if he gets all the way to their OV (and I think he will).

Personally, I think it's a two horse race between IU and UConn; just can't see UF or ND as major players in this.

Both schools have kids he likes in their program. UConn beats us on playing time, but we have a leg up on conference and fan base (trust me, I used t live in Connecticut and it's just not as big a deal there as it is at IU).

Distance shouldn't be a factor, all four schools are a 8-12 hour car trip.

Probably comes down to which coaching staff he likes best...I like our overall chances.

FWIW;

Both the UConn Boneyard board and Rivals board are rumorizationizing that UConn and DRobb have all but parted ways.

Given that he is due to have a UConn OV on October 18th, the same weekend as Malachi, it is very much worth looking to see if there's a cancellation possibility.

If there was, that would be a very positive sign, indeed!

FWIW;

Both the UConn Boneyard board and Rivals board are rumorizationizing that UConn and DRobb have all but parted ways.

Given that he is due to have a UConn OV on October 18th, the same weekend as Malachi, it is very much worth looking to see if there's a cancellation possibility.

If he cancels his UCONN visit, you can guarantee he goes to Indiana. I think Robinson and Rob Johnson would help our chances get Malachi in 2015.

I really want these two when will they make their choice.

Malachi is 2015 so next year most likely. DRob has a couple of OV's to go yet.

I think Robinson visits Florida this weekend and UCONN next weekend, but there's some talk he won't visit UCONN (All rumors that may hold no truth). 

I also believe he wants to commit this fall so I'd say an announcement would come shortly after his last official visit.

If he cancels his UCONN visit, you can guarantee he goes to Indiana. I think Robinson and Rob Johnson would help our chances get Malachi in 2015.

FWIW;

And so...the UConn board  prediction has come true, and All_Hoosiers guarantee just might be the next!!!!

See attached...Hot stuff for our chances with Devin Robinson!!

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-men/kevin-ollie-the-underachiever-conn-magazine-and-other-huskies-notes-and-links/#more-2286