Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

Life got a little more stressful here. My sister n law tested positive for Covid yesterday. My Wife’s father had been staying with her until Sat when we moved him in with us. He is 3 weeks out from having had pneumonia and is still on O2 so there was some overlap between the sister n law and him plus we helped her move his stuff so we all had contact.

The bigger concern is my father n law. I took him down to the VA to get tested and will find out in 5 days. No symptoms yet but would appreciate your prayers.

We now have 2 college kids, 2 HS kids, 2 SR citizens and my wife quarantined for another 8 days or so.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wow, prayers brother. Hope everyone will be in the clear. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Things got extra stressful here. An infant under 1 died of Coronavirus in Illinois. My wife is now 39 weeks along and due next Sunday. We are holding out hope that the hospital doesn’t ban people being in the delivery room with her. I know as of now that Bloomington Hospital is allowing me in but I will not be allowed to leave the room for anything once I’m in there. I know we will need some prayers bringing a baby girl into this crazy world right now. Thank you and I’ll be praying for all of you too.

Also prayers for you as well. Hope for a clear process for you and your family while being at the hospital

My father in law had a mild stroke Thursday night Friday morning.  Only presented with memory loss forgot anybody other than his wife and kids.  

Hes 89, Bleeding into his brain. They already said they aren’t going to operate not that I think he would want them to. Feel like this might be a send him home to enjoy the the time he has left situation. Mostly since family can’t visit him at the hospital and nobody wants to die alone. 

We will probably be driving up to Chicago soon I imagine. its a shame my daughter is probably too young to remember him. 

@Loaded Chicken Sandwich and @Brass Cannon Prayers and good thoughts for both of your families as you respectively deal with Alpha and Omega life events.  I can especially sympathize with Brass as my wife and I dealt with a very similar situation a year ago with her mother.

My father in law had a mild stroke Thursday night Friday morning.  Only presented with memory loss forgot anybody other than his wife and kids.  

Hes 89, Bleeding into his brain. They already said they aren’t going to operate not that I think he would want them to. Feel like this might be a send him home to enjoy the the time he has left situation. Mostly since family can’t visit him at the hospital and nobody wants to die alone. 

We will probably be driving up to Chicago soon I imagine. its a shame my daughter is probably too young to remember him. 

Praying for you and the family.

Life got a little more stressful here. My sister n law tested positive for Covid yesterday. My Wife’s father had been staying with her until Sat when we moved him in with us. He is 3 weeks out from having had pneumonia and is still on O2 so there was some overlap between the sister n law and him plus we helped her move his stuff so we all had contact.

The bigger concern is my father n law. I took him down to the VA to get tested and will find out in 5 days. No symptoms yet but would appreciate your prayers.

We now have 2 college kids, 2 HS kids, 2 SR citizens and my wife quarantined for another 8 days or so.

You got it brother!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BtownBanners mobile app

Had to take my 20 year old cat to be put down this morning. I've taken pets in for that before, but it never gets easier. 

The last 12-18 months were not easy for me or my family as we cared for him in his old age. Sleepless nights, ups and downs, just a big rollercoaster of emotion that finally ended this morning. I got up this morning and just knew it was time. 

A few months ago, I told a family member that when this time came, I needed a vacation and was going to get away...and now here we are, under quarantine. This sucks and I hate it. So much. 

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Had to take my 20 year old cat to be put down this morning. I've taken pets in for that before, but it never gets easier. 

The last 12-18 months were not easy for me or my family as we cared for him in his old age. Sleepless nights, ups and downs, just a big rollercoaster of emotion that finally ended this morning. I got up this morning and just knew it was time. 

A few months ago, I told a family member that when this time came, I needed a vacation and was going to get away...and now here we are, under quarantine. This sucks and I hate it. So much. 

Sorry for your loss. Never easy to lose a pet. This fella was 15 or 16 or so, diabetic, arthritic and half-blind. He had been declining recently, but didn't seem to be suffering or in pain -- still seemed like a happy, old cat. Then one day early last month, he meowed really strangely and really loud. I sorta figured it wasn't good -- that it might be his time -- so I called the vet and asked if I could bring him in. About 10 minutes later, he was gone. Passed away right in front of me. Was very, very tough. 

IMG_2907.JPG

On 3/30/2020 at 10:20 AM, TheWatShot said:

Got you, brother! We put our cat, Charlie, down, at the beginning of the divorce. She was with us from the start, as a bottle-fed kitten. My ex and I actually were talking about her just this morning when she dropped our daughter off. It's never easy, but it does get better. 

10 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

Got you, brother! We put our cat, Charlie, down, at the beginning of the divorce. She was with us from the start, as a bottle-fed kitten. My ex and I actually were talking about her just this morning when she dropped our daughter off. It's never easy, but it does get better. 

The one I had to let go of this week was bottle-fed too. My parents got him and his sister as one-week old kittens who had to be bottle-fed every 2 hours. We had been fostering a few others at the time, and initially the plan was to care for them until they were old enough to eat regular food, then put them up for adoption with the others. But my parents said that getting up every 2 hours at night to feed them with a bottle was just like having kids again, and we decided to keep them. Both of them weighed less than a pound when we got them. The guy I just lost weighed as much as 17 pounds in the prime of his life. He died almost on the same date as his sister, just 9 years later, and just like his sister, he was going senile. 

Definitely going to need some prayers. Going to try and convince the wife to stop her Pyramid scheme she got roped into awhile back. 

She’s a terrible liar so she can’t sell a bad product and she naturally assumes people aren’t lying to her.  So she’s fully invested and makes no money.  But they have her convinced she’s just not trying hard enough. 

This is going to turn into a fight. She’s been doing it for a year or so and she’s been unhappy the entire time.  But they have her brainwashed.  

21 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Definitely going to need some prayers. Going to try and convince the wife to stop her Pyramid scheme she got roped into awhile back. 

She’s a terrible liar so she can’t sell a bad product and she naturally assumes people aren’t lying to her.  So she’s fully invested and makes no money.  But they have her convinced she’s just not trying hard enough. 

This is going to turn into a fight. She’s been doing it for a year or so and she’s been unhappy the entire time.  But they have her brainwashed.  

Those things are scary, man. I had to resort to completely cruel shaming to get my mom to give one up a few years ago. 

Good luck.