Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Love my dogs - so very sorry for your situation...a true family member in every way.

Thank you. And yes they are she’s my child. Adopted her in AZ when I didn’t have family out there after college and she’s done a ton for me. So gonna treat her like the queen she is and when the time comes it will come. 

So it’s been awhile. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayer received back when I originally posted..... the time has come and this evening I will be putting down my fur child Indy. It’s gotten to the point where she will no longer take her nausea medicine and if she does it comes right back up. She’s also started to lose some hair in chunks.  So again I appreciate the thoughts and prayers that were sent this way. I can’t thank you all enough. She’s had a fun day today playing some fetch and a pup cup for breakfast  

Cancer sucks whether it is in humans or our family pets. #ScrewCancer

4 hours ago, Woodson1980 said:

Didn't know where else to put this.
Prayers to the family of Senator John McCain.
Regardless of which party they support most people should agree he was a great patriot and hero for our nation.
RIP

Yep. I think I expected him to have more time after he announced he was done fighting. But guess I should have known he’d fight till the end. 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Please keep my family in your prayers.  My grandma passed away this morning at the age of 87.  She had been sick so it wasn't unexpected but your prayers would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

Very sorry for your loss.  Sympathies to you and your family.

Thanks gents, I was lucky to have been able to spend the last few years with her after having to return from the Aloha State.  It's pretty amazing the plans that we don't see, yet, get frustrated with.  The same for my grandpa.  I was medically retired from the military and returned to Indiana a year before he passed.  I was able to spend another Christmas and more time with him than I had in the previous handful of years. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Thanks gents, I was lucky to have been able to spend the last few years with her after having to return from the Aloha State.  It's pretty amazing the plans that we don't see, yet, get frustrated with.  The same for my grandpa.  I was medically retired from the military and returned to Indiana a year before he passed.  I was able to spend another Christmas and more time with him than I had in the previous handful of years. 

Everything happens for a reason brother. You were put where you were supposed to be when it was the right time. Glad you got to spend more time with both of them before it was too late. 

18 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

Just want to drop a note that says sorry for being away and not posting. I mean, it hasn't been basketball season, so I take breaks. Got to support the Alma Mater in ISU in football, and the Irish, whom I was raised on while still supporting the Hoosier football team! This divorce has gotten ugly. Fast. We are into almost month 16 of it. I've met someone new, who actually has been in our lives since the start of me and Brit's relationship. It's complicated. She has morals. Won't officially call us "dating" until the divorce is finalized, as it would be adultery if we were to hook up since I'm still married.....Brit trying to ruin that. Still looking for work. Brit dragging the divorce through the courts, and, yeah. I love you all and am excited to see what the Hoosiers are going to do this basketball season. My Sycamores? Well........we'll see..... Again, love you all and will be praying for all my beloved BTownBanners Family!

Many thoughts to you man! I went through one of those about 3-4 years ago. It's not pleasant and there's nothing you can do to change that. Keep your chin up! 

Don't know if you're from Haute or just went to school there? I grew up there. 

6 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Please keep my family in your prayers.  My grandma passed away this morning at the age of 87.  She had been sick so it wasn't unexpected but your prayers would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

Sorry to hear that man! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:30 PM, jonz44 said:

Many thoughts to you man! I went through one of those about 3-4 years ago. It's not pleasant and there's nothing you can do to change that. Keep your chin up! 

Don't know if you're from Haute or just went to school there? I grew up there. 

Grew up in Mooresville, but have lived here since 1996. Graduated from ISU.