Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

Been on my "summer break" from all sports forums.
1st, prayers for all whom have asked.
2nd, and this going to be long, Brit and I have been struggling. Bad. She's not been right since her father passed away 3-1/2 years ago, and we've not been right since then, and, it's gotten worse since I moved back home from travelling the country for work. It all came to a head on the 4th of July. We had a disagreement in Menard's, and on the car ride home, I told her it sounded as if she wanted me to move out. She basically said, yes, that was where this was headed. We've talked about counseling in the past, but never followed through, which is my fault, as I was scared to face my demons.

My work has helped me behind the scenes to find a therapist in Terre Haute that falls under our insurance, and I've been 3 times already.  
Brit told me the classic "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" line on the 4th, and she said there is no way I can win her love back. Challenge accepted. It begins with me fixing me, then working on us. Why she's never gone to talk to anyone after her father's passing is beyond me, but I'm hoping by taking the first step, we can find that spark again. She's been to a therapist once, and it going for her 2nd time this week. Hopefully it helps her work on her issues.

I don't want Claira to come from a broken home. We've struggled to reconnect once I moved home from being on the road for work.  I told her let's go talk to someone, and she said we should have done it a long time ago. I was honest and told her I was scared. Scared to face my demons head on. I'm still scared, but, she's my soul mate. Her and Claira are my whole reason for living. For going to work everyday. Before anyone gets concerned, no, I'm not suicidal. Whether Brit and I fix this, I need to be here for my daughter. I promised her I would never leave her, and I intend to keep that promise.

Please, if you are the praying type, say a prayer that we can work this out. I've lost my way. In life, my faith, all of it. I'm shaking as I type this. Folks around me at work are stepping up to help me with a few major construction estimates that I need to get done. 
We've had some good days, mixed in with a few bad ones, but baby steps is where I'm at right now. Some days, thing seem "normal", except for me telling her I love her, and her saying "I know." She said she hopes we can fix this, and she can find that feeling for me again.My birthday was the 18th, and she spent quite a bit of money on a new bottle of cologne. We are still planning on taking our Disney trip after Thanksgiving, so we'll see how that goes. 
There are mixed signals/emotions coming from her, so like I said. I'm taking baby steps, and one day at a time until we can find some common footing again.

Thanks Hoosier Family, with all of my heart.

Pappy

Pappy, I promise you guys can find love again. My situation sounds exactly what you guys are going through 3 years ago. See my problem was when my wife was vulnerable a dude at her work started talking to her after her mom died 3.5 years ago. We went through the same stretch man. It got bad. I first threatened the dude, but I don't completely blame him. My wife is hot. He was single. I talked to him man to man. See I found through our downs I needed her more than ever. She wanted a friend. Plus that whole seven year itch (it's real). Honestly man, it takes compromises on both sides and someone that both sides enjoy to make it work. Good luck man, and prayers sent your and your wife's way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, pappy1865 said:

Been on my "summer break" from all sports forums.

1st, prayers for all whom have asked.

2nd, and this going to be long, Brit and I have been struggling. Bad. She's not been right since her father passed away 3-1/2 years ago, and we've not been right since then, and, it's gotten worse since I moved back home from travelling the country for work. It all came to a head on the 4th of July. We had a disagreement in Menard's, and on the car ride home, I told her it sounded as if she wanted me to move out. She basically said, yes, that was where this was headed. We've talked about counseling in the past, but never followed through, which is my fault, as I was scared to face my demons.

My work has helped me behind the scenes to find a therapist in Terre Haute that falls under our insurance, and I've been 3 times already.  

Brit told me the classic "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" line on the 4th, and she said there is no way I can win her love back. Challenge accepted. It begins with me fixing me, then working on us. Why she's never gone to talk to anyone after her father's passing is beyond me, but I'm hoping by taking the first step, we can find that spark again. She's been to a therapist once, and it going for her 2nd time this week. Hopefully it helps her work on her issues.

I don't want Claira to come from a broken home. We've struggled to reconnect once I moved home from being on the road for work.  I told her let's go talk to someone, and she said we should have done it a long time ago. I was honest and told her I was scared. Scared to face my demons head on. I'm still scared, but, she's my soul mate. Her and Claira are my whole reason for living. For going to work everyday. Before anyone gets concerned, no, I'm not suicidal. Whether Brit and I fix this, I need to be here for my daughter. I promised her I would never leave her, and I intend to keep that promise.

Please, if you are the praying type, say a prayer that we can work this out. I've lost my way. In life, my faith, all of it. I'm shaking as I type this. Folks around me at work are stepping up to help me with a few major construction estimates that I need to get done. 

We've had some good days, mixed in with a few bad ones, but baby steps is where I'm at right now. Some days, thing seem "normal", except for me telling her I love her, and her saying "I know." She said she hopes we can fix this, and she can find that feeling for me again.My birthday was the 18th, and she spent quite a bit of money on a new bottle of cologne. We are still planning on taking our Disney trip after Thanksgiving, so we'll see how that goes. 

There are mixed signals/emotions coming from her, so like I said. I'm taking baby steps, and one day at a time until we can find some common footing again.

Thanks Hoosier Family, with all of my heart.

Pappy

Sincere prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family.  The honesty and openness of your post tells me you are already tackling those demons head on and I wish you nothing but the best.