Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homegrown Hoosier

Injuries Aside, Who's Your Starting 5???

Thought this decision would be easy, but I'm kind of in between starting lineups. Think Will and Yogi are givens. Noah is a near lock. Who is your big man? Who's your 2? Just wanting to see what Hoosier Nation thought.

I'm no coach for good reason, but I'd personally start Yogi, Gordon, Sheehey, Hollowell, and Vonleh. I'm not a fan of the small Yogi/Gordon combo, but I'm not comfortable starting Perea or Fischer yet. 

If Perea and/or Fischer are as good as I hope, I'd prefer Yogi, Sheehey, Hollowell, Vonleh, and Perea/Fischer.

Yogi, Will, Vonleh will start every game this season baring any injuries. Those three are 100% locks IMO. The other two will be matchup based, but I would expect Gordon to start most games and probably Hollowell early on. I do think Fischer has the most upside to take that spot and run with it. Should be an interesting season given our starting lineups will finally change for the first time in 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Crean doesn't seem to have a fluid starting lineup, he seems to have his 5 and come hell or high water they will be starting.  It took an injury to Verdell for Crean to remove him from the lineup, even though Will was the better player and should've been starting over him anyway.

I'd prefer a bigger lineup that can cause the other team problems when we're on D.  Yogi/Will/Jeremy/Noah and I'm not sure at the 5 spot.  I don't have high hopes for Hanner, and Luke will need time to adjust to the college game (like most freshmen).

I think this is a fun topic to discuss. To start the season:

Yogi

Gordon

Will

Hollowell

Vonleh

At the end of the season, I could see Robinson moving into a starting position. We will have good options for sure!

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app