Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Naturalhoosier

IU vs PSU Postgame thread

Wow, what a game!!! I was worried when PSU went up 14 to 13, but IU took the game from there. Incredible performance by the Hoosiers all around. Can't believe I'm saying this, but the defense looked very good! Hope they continue it in their next game.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

Prior years squads would have found a way to not win. This team held strong in the face of adversity.

The culture is changing.

Natural nailed it. Previous teams wouldn't have won this game, let alone stomped on Penn State's throat. I'm really excited about the future of this team and program. The winds are blowing in a warm weather bowl direction. (Maybe not quite this year... Damn Navy & Mizzou)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Bennett has 2.8 passes defended per game, which is leading that category. 

7 Hoosiers caught passes yesterday, Latimer, Hughes and Coleman caught the majority of them. Houston, Roundtree, Bolser and Stoner all had 1 each, but IIRC all 4 were pretty critical receptions. 

Toth managed to get a 41.5 yard average punting which is a bit better than he has been. 

IU's rushing attack didn't bring any 100 yard runners, but did manage 150 yards on 41 carries, a 3.66 average. Pretty decent with a couple of big runs at big times. 

Big story of the game was the defense. Bennett is probably the best IU corner since Tracy Porter. The PSU rushing attack gained a 1.8 yard per play average. PSU ran 93 plays and had 410 yards of total offense a 4.4 yards per play average. Color it any way you want, but the IU defense can play extremely well and will still give up a lot of yards. IU's scoring drives often drop less time off the clock than many teams 3 and outs. That means that the D is going to be on field a lot. That means this D is going to have to be judged on a different level than a defense on a team that runs 3 yards and a cloud of dust over and over.

Two small holes in this game, the defense allowed a Penn State team that was very poor on 3rd down conversions to manage to convert 50% of them. The IU offense only converted 4-15 3rd down conversions.

The real story of this game was making a few big plays when they were needed.  The safety, Big Ralph's blocked FG, Tre's few plays that he QB'ed. Its interesting that with Tre in there, you pretty much knew he was going to keep it, but Penn State still couldn't stop him. 2 TD's and a 2 point conversion. 

I am not ready to call this a signature win, but it was a big win. And I have to believe that this will give the Hoosiers some real confidence as they head into the rest f the schedule.

I don't think it's going on a limb to say it's the biggest win of the last decade. Beating Purdue to become bowl eligible was an awesome game and moment, but I think it was that much better because of Hep and all the feelings related to that. This win vs Penn State was a PROGRAM changing win. 0-16 no more! Proud of our guys for going out there and working hard these last 2 weeks

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Natty could post my singing video lol. Good memories.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

As long as they don't break the forum oh wait Vic would have done that he made the dunk against Michigan at home.