Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

Big Announcement Is............

Come find out what the big announcement is!!!Hello all, my name is Justin (Jaybob), and I am one of two new Administrators here for BtownBanners and its forums! We are so excited for this opportunity, and our commitment is to make this the best forum on the web. By doing so, we will work endlessly for you! We know that the keys to a successful and active forum is by taking care of it's members. We promise to do that, and ask that you come and check out what we are doing. You will see some changes soon, and some changes that have already happened.

We hope you are as excited as we are. Here is our team as of right now:

Administrators - NaturalHoosier and myself
Head Moderator - Mdn
Head Recruiter - ccgeneral

We may add a few more in the very near future, but that is our team as of right now.

My experience with Moderating is this: Moderator on Scout starting during the Kelvin Sampson years. A few of us decided to start a new site dedicated to start our own site, and created the best IU Fan Forum in HoosierSportsNation. After over a year of being there, we merged with 247Sports to try and create the best force in terms of coverage and forums. Unfortunately, a few of us didn't agree with how 247 went about things.

After talking with BtownBanners, we knew this would be the best decision. We left 247 to come make this site the premier site for anything IU.

So please, come join us in this amazing new transition! We will be on the boards a lot, so let's get to chatting!!! :)

Register for BtownBanners at http://BtownBanners.com/register

Click here to view the article

Hello BTB! Gary (ccgeneral) signs in, and reports for duty! Great to be a part of this team and community. Hang in there while we make a few changes. I think you all will like the finished product. If you have any problems, questions or suggestions with anything, feel free to send me or any one of the other mods a PM. 

Hello all!  My name is Nick (Naturalhoosier, obviously) and I'm a Hoosierholic!!!!  I'm originally from a smaller town in NE Indiana but now reside in Denver.  I attended IU for 2 yrs prior to moving to Denver during the Cam Cameron era (shout-out to my fellow IU Football fans!!!!). 

Justin and I saw the potential that BtownBanners.com has and decided to take a leap of faith...just as IU Hoosier41 did in and with us.  My history of moderating dates back to the late 90s.  I Modded an Import Car site for 5-6 yrs (a Honda site...until Fast and Furious killed the scene...lol).  I joined the Scout site in early 2006 (not a mod, just a member) and was an active member there until around March/April of 2012.  At that time I was part of a group that established HoosierSportsNation.  We ran that for about a year when HSN merged w/24/7Sports.  The 24/7 fellas were great but there were some of us that knew we would lose the community feel that we had at HSN.  If anyone has been part of a 'merger' as the smaller subsidiary, then you know that it is more like an acquisition than a merger.  We lost all power to control the board and were essentially Traffic police.  There is nothing wrong w/this in general, but we enjoyed the ability to be the decision makers and not request permission from the 'higher ups'. 

So with all of that being said, we decided to amicably part ways with HSN247 and join the BTownBanners team!!!!!!

That's me in a nutshell.  I'm an open book and believe in transparency.  If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.  More importantly, if you have any suggestions, please say so!  You'll find that we, as a Mod Crew, are relatively laid back.

Thanks BTB for the opportunity to get back to discussing ball.  Every one of us newbies passion begins there.  We have all been part of some spirited debates, and that is strongly encouraged.  As all of you know there is no passion that matches Hoosier fans passion and we hope to see that here.  Differing opinions are encouraged.  Cursing and trolling will not be.  That said, hold on tight.  Good times ahead, starting with IU finishing off PSU!!!!

And Natty does some great interviews with new football commits!  Hi all.  I go by the name "Nips" as I live in Naples, Fl. and got that name when one of the Mods (Natty) changed my location to "Nipples, Fl" and it kinda just stuck!  This will be a blast.

Natty is good for something finally

Oh wow, hey JS!!! Great to see you over here! I've missed this forum software!

I've missed this software too.  I like being able to grab an avatar from a URL instead of having to save it to my PC first.  This time for your viewing pleasure, the one and only Emma Watson who manages to get better looking with age.

Looks like I'll have to get back on the interviews. I had quit because I didn't want to interfere w/Alex and Zach...

Well I think you'll have some good success behind the BtownBanners name. Many recruits know us or follow the social media accounts already :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well I think you'll have some good success behind the BtownBanners name. Many recruits know us or follow the social media accounts already :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe I will finally get to do an interview lol