Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IU_Cramer

Rest of the Season

So looking at the rest of the schedule, I'm thinking IU finishes 26-5 on the season and 14-4 in the Big Ten.  I think following this loss to Wisconsin the Hoosiers are going to reel off 5 straight wins before losing a disappointing game to Illinois on the road.  They will follow that up with a tough loss against OSU on the road.  The ship will be righted a bit with wins against Nebraska and PSU at home before dropping another game on the road against MSU where IU hasn't won in the Breslin Center since '91.  That would cap off a span of 5 games with a 2-3 record and would be the low point of the season to date.  This stretch would be similar to the stretch last year in January where the team dropped 4 in a six game stretch.  After that point, the Hoosiers win out the rest of the regular season, including tough games at home against OSU and Michigan.

So how realistic do you think this scenario is?  Also, at 14-4 in the Big Ten, where do you think that would put the Hoosiers in terms of the regular season conference championship?  What seed do you think that puts the Hoosiers at heading into the Big Ten Tournament?  A 26-5 record is a 2 win improvement from last regular season, is that acceptable enough for you as a fan?  What about the 3 game improvement in the conference record?

we snuck up on teams last year, regardless of our record, teams didn't take us as serious as they are this year. an improvement in our record is a major positive as i feel this year we are more suited for a deep run in the B1G and NCAA tournament. the key to finishing strong in the conference is depth, as its shown in the past couple games, when we don't get our bench scoring, or really contributing for that matter, we struggle...wake up Sheehey!! Positive minutes and consistent play needed from Remy, Hollowel, Parea, and yes even Elston. We need him back and healthy. Still like our chances this year

I think as IU fans, we over rate our players. I love all of them, but Hollowell is still a year away from being good, Remy has alot to learn, and Parea needs to show his athletic ability. Also, Watford hits one shot and including myself was hyped on watford. I hate to say this but Watford has been one of the worst players on the team this year. He doesn't deserve to play. He is not worth a NBA draft pick, because he is lazy, always has been. I don't think the critisim is fair for Watford. Not his fault he made history with IU, but but Watford is the most overrated player IU has. You might say look at his avg from last year, but that was all Swag he had from that shot. He was the hot shot that noone could stop because of his swagger. Until he gets his swagger back. He will always be Watford for the win in my book, but nothing more then that.

I would never say Watford is overrated, just that the expectations placed on him are too high. He was still expected to be near the top of the team in scoring numbers with fewer shots, which is unrealistic. Also, he rebounds very well, and although I think he might fall asleep sometimes on D, he can defend very well also. Does he go in the draft, well, it will depend on how he ends the season, not on how he started it

If expectations are high and you don't live up to those expectations, Isn't that being called overrated? Yes, his defense is above avg. and i also agree about the points, but Watford has and always will be a GLUE guy

You first say he doesn't deserve to play, then call him a glue guy? Also, if the expectations are set too high by others, that wouldn't be your fault and therefore not "overrated". I'm not saying that he can't produce more, because I think we all know he can.

The way I see it, He doesn't deserve to play. Unless he becomes the Glue guy..... Look at the Lakers, look at their expectations, Win the NBA championship, They are not winning and not good. Therefore they are "overrated". Wrong? Overrated is, not exceeding your expectations. Even if the expectations are to high...

But everyone's expectations are different. I never thought the Lakers would contend for the championship, and that was with Nash and Howard being healthy. I think it depends on the expectations you put on yourself. Other people can put them out there, but who are they to judge? That being said, "experts" and their opinions vary, so you can meet some expectations but not all. And if Christian doesn't deserve to play, who does? I don't think Hanner is ready yet to take over his minutes. Should he be getting more, absolutely. But as of now, Christian is who I will stand by

Let me clearify on the "deserves to play" part i was simply implying that Watford needs to be a glue man instead of trying to be a star or tyring to live up to the hype ppl "give" him. Of course Watford is better then Hanner. I'm Just saying that Watford is a glue guy nothing bigger then that.

This I completely understand. The only reason he was shown int he spotlight was because who else did we have back when he was a freshman who could score? Certainly not Pritch (though I do oddly miss him from time to time)

I think Watford is a great player, he's just not consistent. He has shined plenty of times enough to show that it's not a random fluke but rather true actual ability at the college level. If he could just harness it and resort to it on a more consistent basis there'd be no complaints from about him.

This team needs a captain, or a leader or whatever. Hulls may sort of be that, but they are a little too unselfish. It's great that we have 5 guys averaging double digits but at times when someone needs to step up they seem to be waiting for someone else to be that guy. A leader will either declare himself that guy or designate who that is.

You didnt mention playing at Michigan. I think that will be one of the most watched games of the season. I dont think we will get the calls or hit enough shots to win up there this year.

Let me clearify on the "deserves to play" part i was simply implying that Watford needs to be a glue man instead of trying to be a star or tyring to live up to the hype ppl "give" him. Of course Watford is better then Hanner. I'm Just saying that Watford is a glue guy nothing bigger then that.

People have been bashing on Watford a whole lot this year and I think it's not deserving criticism. However, I do believe that he hasn't had the year we were all expecting but there is still a lot of the season left.

I think Watford is a huge part in IU's success. When he is aggressive, attacking the basket and posting up we are so much better. I hate to see him wander out by the three. He needs to assert himself down low then let the three come to him. But there's no doubt in my mind that if Watford is on IU is much better. Listen to any commentator when IU plays, they'll all say something about IU not being as good when Watford isn't getting the touches and being aggressive.

People have been bashing on Watford a whole lot this year and I think it's not deserving criticism. However, I do believe that he hasn't had the year we were all expecting but there is still a lot of the season left.

I think Watford is a huge part in IU's success. When he is aggressive, attacking the basket and posting up we are so much better. I hate to see him wander out by the three. He needs to assert himself down low then let the three come to him. But there's no doubt in my mind that if Watford is on IU is much better. Listen to any commentator when IU plays, they'll all say something about IU not being as good when Watford isn't getting the touches and being aggressive.

proving my point on overrated. thank you