Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

UFC/Boxing Fans

Triple-G beat Canelo twice, yet is 0-1-1 against him. If I were him, I wouldn't do a third fight. What's the point? He can't get a decision against PED boy, so why bother? Golovkin looked a little old and worn down -- and he still won. 

It's too bad Canelo wasn't man enough to fight GGG 2-3 years ago -- when he was really at the top of his game. I'm sick of these fighters waiting until their rival has "slipped" before being man enough to step into the ring with him. Leonard did it with Hagler. Mayweather did it with Pacquiao. Be a man and fight the guy when he's at his best and you're at your best. 

I used to like Jon Jones but man, dude is such a screw up. So talented and gifted.

Easy to root against now.

Not sure who can beat him though. Maybe being off the cocaine and PEDs will make him beatable.

Cormier is a cool, class act but I don’t want to see that fight again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I used to like Jon Jones but man, dude is such a screw up. So talented and gifted.  Easy to root against now.

Not sure who can beat him though. Maybe being off the cocaine and PEDs will make him beatable.

Cormier is a cool, class act but I don’t want to see that fight again.

Cormier and class act don’t go in the same sentence. I’m assuming you haven’t watched many of his pre fight press conferences, the dude acts like a clown. Jones isn’t a saint by any means don’t get me wrong, but Cormier is far from being a class act.

Loved watching him cry when Jones beat his @$$.

Ive watched Cormier quite a bit as a host and personality on FS1 and TMZ sports.

He’s a good dude. He isn’t a cheat. He doesn’t dodge fights.

He has dodged Alex quite a bit over the last couple of years. Outside of Jones any stylistically bad fights for him he has avoided. LHW is so weak right now it’s easier to highlight. He is one of the best to ever do it. The only man he can’t say he is better than is Jones. Hell of a career. Two fights and it is done.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sounds like he is already dodging Jones and getting emotional already. Lesnar can’t fight until early next year at best and Cormier said he will defend both belts once. He even said recently he wanted to do LHW before the Lesnar fight. Now he doesn’t. Why? Is he afraid if loses to Jones the Lesnar fight won’t be as big?

https://m.sherdog.com/news/news/After-Jon-Jones-Ruling-Daniel-Cormier-Tells-USADA-Dont-Come-to-My-House-Anymore-142703

43 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

He has dodged Alex quite a bit over the last couple of years. Outside of Jones any stylistically bad fights for him he has avoided. LHW is so weak right now it’s easier to highlight. He is one of the best to ever do it. The only man he can’t say he is better than is Jones. Hell of a career. Two fights and it is done.

Agreed. He is still one of the best to ever do it, but i just dont like when people pretend that he doesnt duck fights, and that hes not just a giant crybaby. Personally aside from Gus vs Jones again, I'd love to see Jones own Cormier one more time. It wont happen because Cormier knows hes not on Jones level, but I'd still love to see it.

He’s fought the guy twice who was using PEDs and Cocaine. Not exactly a “fair” fight, is it?

Who knows, maybe Cormier uses PEDs too, but I doubt it.

I get that argument but it’s not black and white like that. If you have been around lifters then you understand cycles. What he took in this last fight in no way would benefit him. He failed multiple unannounced drug tests but fails the one he knew was coming? That’s a gym issue imo. They have people handle what people are taking much like having a dietician. Someone got fired easily. The cocaine thing? That wasn’t what got him in trouble because it didn’t help only hurt him. It was other things that cause that suspension.

Edit: I truly don’t think Cormier uses PED. He grew up around USADA. He knows what to expect.

31 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He’s fought the guy twice who was using PEDs and Cocaine. Not exactly a “fair” fight, is it?

Who knows, maybe Cormier uses PEDs too, but I doubt it.

So Cormier putting back on a bunch of weight and significantly outweighing Jones during the fight is? Cant have it both ways Fleek.

Agreed with the comments about the drug tests not making any difference in the outcomes of those Jones - Cormier fights. Jones is the better fighter and IMO is probably the greatest fighter of this generation..I'd go with GSP but he was knocked out cold by Matt Serra and armbar'd by Matt Hughes earlier in his career. And he lost that fight to Johnny Hendricks back in 2013, but won a split decision. Jones has never really been in trouble except for that Gustaffson fight. And his only loss is the lame DQ where he was smashing Matt Hamill but was DQ'd for illegal elbows.  

Based on recent quotes from everyone involved, my money is on Jon Jones - Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier - Brock Lesnar (hopefully) leading to Jones - Cormier III. 

Agree to disagree on the PEDs and the cocaine.

Jones is phenomenal and there is no denying it. He used to be one of my favorites (GSP, Cerrone, Vanderlei Silva, Fedor, Jacare, Bisping, Rickson/Royce Gracie) but I cant respect a guy like Jones who is just a trashy person.

Oh and as far as picking sides... I’m team Khabib over Connor all day.

54 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Conor just got him an 8 fight deal with the UFC.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/24746406/conor-mcgregor-cashes-new-8-fight-ufc-deal

"The deal includes McGregor's new whiskey, Proper Whiskey, as a sponsor in every UFC event in which McGregor fights." That's wild. 

They clarified it was actually 6 fights. Glad he's back, the dude knows how to sell fights.

Hoping he smashes Khabib in their fight, but no one really knows what Khabib will do in a fight against someone good since he really hasnt fought anyone. Khabib called Conor a chicken during the press conference and I loved how Connor turned it back on him asking why he stayed on the bus like a little b****h. Conor is money on the mic.