Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

UFC/Boxing Fans

IMO Ferguson and Khabib would both beat Connor. Ferguson/Khabib was an excellent fight.

Hollowell/Khabib semi interesting but Khabib would win easily with grappling control. Same for Pettis.

I was planning on hosting guests for this card, now IDK.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

59 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

IMO Ferguson and Khabib would both beat Connor. Ferguson/Khabib was an excellent fight.

Hollowell/Khabib semi interesting but Khabib would win easily with grappling control. Same for Pettis.

I was planning on hosting guests for this card, now IDK.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I don't know how you can say Khabib and Ferguson would both beat Connor.. I think people forget how dominant McGregor was and how good his stand up is. He's beaten guys across 3 weight classes. KO'd featherweights and lightweights. I've got McGregor in KO's against both Khabib and Ferguson.  

I don't know how you can say Khabib and Ferguson would both beat Connor.. I think people forget how dominant McGregor was and how good his stand up is. He's beaten guys across 3 weight classes. KO'd featherweights and lightweights. I've got McGregor in KO's against both Khabib and Ferguson.  

IMO nah, Khabib is a horrible stylistic matchup for Connor. Connor hits a lucky punch against Aldo and has struggled with Nate Diaz. Nate Diaz is a scrappy fighter with pretty good and balanced skills but Khabib and Ferguson are way superior fighters imo.

Connor has a better chance against Ferguson but Khabib is a terrible style for McGregor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Khabib really hasnt fought any big time fighters. His only chance against Conor imo is if he does his normal takedown and lay on guys for 15 mins.

I think you follow MMA closely to know these guys.

Tibau
Tavares
Dos Anjos
Michael Johnson
Barboza

That’s a good group of guys. He’s 25-0.

I’d pay good money to see Conor vs Khabib and that’s exactly what they want.

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think you follow MMA closely to know these guys.

Tibau
Tavares
Dos Anjos
Michael Johnson
Barboza

That’s a good group of guys. He’s 25-0.

I’d pay good money to see Conor vs Khabib and that’s exactly what they want.

Tibau -  mediocre and probably about to be cut by the UFC 

Tavares - mediocre and there is a reason hes not in the ufc anymore.

Dos Anjos - When hes on hes great, but when hes off hes terrible but I'll give you him because he was on when they fought.

Michael Johnson - lost 5 out of 6 during the time he fought Khabib

Barboza - I'm actually a fan of his but I wouldnt call him big time

Conor has Holloway, Diaz, Aldo, Alvarez, Mendes, and Poirier on his resume which looks much better than Khabibs.

I'd love to watch the fight too, but Khabibs only hope would be to get Conor down and hold him there.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

IMO nah, Khabib is a horrible stylistic matchup for Connor. Connor hits a lucky punch against Aldo and has struggled with Nate Diaz. Nate Diaz is a scrappy fighter with pretty good and balanced skills but Khabib and Ferguson are way superior fighters imo.

Connor has a better chance against Ferguson but Khabib is a terrible style for McGregor.

The matchup for McGregor against Khabib is not ideal for sure. But McGregor has knocked guys out pretty consistently and has great takedown defense. He moved up to fight a bigger Diaz, who by the way is a Gracie blackbelt and a fantastic boxer himself.

I don't see Khabib or Ferguson being able to handle Conor, especially if they can't take him down.

Tibau -  mediocre and probably about to be cut by the UFC 
Tavares - mediocre and there is a reason hes not in the ufc anymore.
Dos Anjos - When hes on hes great, but when hes off hes terrible but I'll give you him because he was on when they fought.
Michael Johnson - lost 5 out of 6 during the time he fought Khabib
Barboza - I'm actually a fan of his but I wouldnt call him big time
Conor has Holloway, Diaz, Aldo, Alvarez, Mendes, and Poirier on his resume which looks much better than Khabibs.

I'd love to watch the fight too, but Khabibs only hope would be to get Conor down and hold him there.

Yeah man I love Dos Anjos. But he is the only one on that list of guys Khabib fought that could sniff a title.

Conor was recently offered a fight with Khabib. In the past year. Conor turned it down. He knows it’s a terrible matchup.

Can’t wait to see that fight. You know the UFC is building to make that a major fight coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Or he wanted the contract he’s been angling for. Dana himself even said yesterday they had finally sat down and made progress on a new contract before the incident.

I love Joe man. Been in the UFC since 2006. One of my favorite fighters ever, has beat some really good guys. There’s just nothing left in his tank. Wish he could go out with a win but it’s time to hang em up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners