Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoosierBeezo

I'm still upset about last nights game

but, then I take a step back and remember back a few years ago.  After all the turmoil we went through with Sampson and even during the late Knight years and Davis time, i've always said that i'd be happy being a Hoosier fan if we were consistently in the top 20 all year long every year. 

Also, i'd like to have a team that year in year out make the sweet 16 and a every few years have a chance for a Final4/Championship.  Is this wrong of me?  Yes, I will always be hurt after losses but I won't point fingers at the players and say someone sucks or Crean has to go.

I support Crean, he's our coach and a damn good one at that.  I also respected VJ3 & Tom Pritchard while most of my buddies & some family members hated them. I respected them and pulled for them.

I still love this team and I think this year will be better than last years team and i'm going to enjoy it, with some headaches along the way.  This team is really fun to watch & Final Four or no Final Four, i'll take these last 2 years over the last 10.

go Hoosiers!

I feel the same way, after the crap our boys have been through the past few years, I am damn proud of them, yes it kills me when we lose, but, hey, we're not an nba farm team, there's gonna be some losses, nobody is perfect. I'm with ya as well as long as we can consistently stay high in the ranks then we gotta be doin somethin right and I'm happy about that. We have nothing to be ashamed of as HOOSIERS and never will. It's always a rush to watch our boys put their heart and soul out there win or lose! Hoosier Army for LIFE!

but, then I take a step back and remember back a few years ago.  After all the turmoil we went through with Sampson and even during the late Knight years and Davis time, i've always said that i'd be happy being a Hoosier fan if we were consistently in the top 20 all year long every year. 

Also, i'd like to have a team that year in year out make the sweet 16 and a every few years have a chance for a Final4/Championship.  Is this wrong of me?  Yes, I will always be hurt after losses but I won't point fingers at the players and say someone sucks or Crean has to go.

I support Crean, he's our coach and a damn good one at that.  I also respected VJ3 & Tom Pritchard while most of my buddies & some family members hated them. I respected them and pulled for them.

I still love this team and I think this year will be better than last years team and i'm going to enjoy it, with some headaches along the way.  This team is really fun to watch & Final Four or no Final Four, i'll take these last 2 years over the last 10.

go Hoosiers!

I'm with you 100%. The expectations of this year have been so high that people forget to realize the perspective of the past few seasons. Last year we lost to Nebraska. A year before that we only won 12 games. 2 years before that, we won 6 games. All in all, this season has been very good. If there's one thing we've learned is that when we play tough, slow defenses, they have a good shot of beating us. From that we have to learn to play around it. Because come tournament time, we'll be facing a lot of teams like that. Also don't forget, we want to peak at the right time. We have 4 winnable games in a row. A 7-1 start in the Big Ten is pretty damn good if you ask me. If we can win out until Michigan comes to town, I think we can take them and be in good shape. Either way, like you said, I'm am and always will be proud to be a HOOSIER!!!

I'm with you guys. But for me, Wisconsin is 1a to Purdue. I don't like Bo, I don't like losing 11 straight to them and I hate all the pastey-white guys that always seem to knock down threes against us. This game made me not watch ESPN for the last two days. I know better days are here and ahead, but this one hurt.

Yeah I this game shocked me. Seems we lose to teams that are disciplined and move the ball well. I am starting to wondering if Tom Crean has a hard time changing the game plan at half time. Past few games there has been a large difference in execution from first half to second half.

I'm with you 100%. The expectations of this year have been so high that people forget to realize the perspective of the past few seasons. Last year we lost to Nebraska. A year before that we only won 12 games. 2 years before that, we won 6 games. All in all, this season has been very good. If there's one thing we've learned is that when we play tough, slow defenses, they have a good shot of beating us. From that we have to learn to play around it. Because come tournament time, we'll be facing a lot of teams like that. Also don't forget, we want to peak at the right time. We have 4 winnable games in a row. A 7-1 start in the Big Ten is pretty damn good if you ask me. If we can win out until Michigan comes to town, I think we can take them and be in good shape. Either way, like you said, I'm am and always will be proud to be a HOOSIER!!!

The expectations are where they should be. IU is the most experienced team in America. A Sweet Sixteen showing last year, with almost everyone back. I don't like living in the past. Yes, everyone knows where we came from, but I'm tired of that excuse. Just realize the fact that IU should be winning these games, The past is the past. ...... A wise man once said, "If winning didn't matter, No one would keep score." P.S sorry about the punctuation and grammer errors

The expectations are where they should be. IU is the most experienced team in America. A Sweet Sixteen showing last year, with almost everyone back. I don't like living in the past. Yes, everyone knows where we came from, but I'm tired of that excuse. Just realize the fact that IU should be winning these games, The past is the past. ...... A wise man once said, "If winning didn't matter, No one would keep score." P.S sorry about the punctuation and grammer errors

This depends on the expectations. Some expected us to go undefeated, which isn't what it should be. Some thought we wouldn't lose a game at home. Experience speaks volumes, yes, but by no means gives any team a true "advantage" when those experiences haven't always been the best ones. Plus, experiences change from year to year. Did we bring players back, yes, but we added in new ones, and that changes a lot of things, making for much different scenarios 

Okay, but if you say that changes a lot of things, then how do you explain Kentucky? Should IU go undefeated? No, Should IU have beaten Wisconsin? Yes No excuses. We as Iu fans brag on how good IU plays at Home, then get beat.