Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IU Hoosier41

Indiana vs Penn State Game Thread

What are your thoughts on the upcoming game? This is basically a make or break game for the season. Hoosiers need to win this one to get bowl eligible.

I think Indiana pulls out the win... But then again, I thought Indiana would be Navy...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I never thought Indiana would beat Navy; just not enough experience on defense. Penn State, on the other hand, I think is a very winnable game.

Looking at last year's success' as a whole, IU was able to keep games close. Because of that, coupled with a bit more experience on both sides of the ball means we should hold home field games, starting with this PSU team

I certainly hope you are right. If this team doesn't come out and beat PSU, the crowd will have completely given up on this team. That's probably one of the most frustrating aspects of Indiana Football. The crowds start showing up, and Indiana starts to play bad... Go figure

Agree 100%. It hurts the team when the crowd leaves, but it also hurt the crowd when the team comes out so damn slow. Faster starts = more butts in the seats!

I don't blame anyone who didn't sit there and watch that train wreck of a game vs Missouri.

Train wreck? Maybe towards the end, but not at the beginning.

The defense (which fans have complained about for YEARS) stepped up and made plays, and more importantly, created turnovers.

The offense stalled for the first time this season, in it's fourth game. Can a fan really sit there and say that against an SEC opponent, that IU wasn't going to have some trouble scoring?

The "fans" of IU football are atrocious, and that is something I doubt will ever change

The Mizzou game was tough to swallow. No offense, and a huge letdown. Biggest cheer of the night came for the basketball team.

I think Penn State is a winnable game, but I'm not expecting to win. In my opinion, it will take another year or two before we can expect to win games against mid-tier and above B1G teams.

Fans need to support the program throughout, however. It's Indiana football. It will take more than three years to build up a winning program. Be patient, roll with the losses, and celebrate the wins. 

All good ideas All_Hoosiers, but honestly, until the program starts to win on a consistent basis, the students will not change. They will expect too much and leave too early, thus effecting the ability to recruit well.

Maybe train wreck was a little harsh. The game was good in the first half. That being said, the Swiss cheese defense IU was playing was ridiculous. Te WR would catch the ball about 8 yards away from the closes DB.

The offense will continue to need to put up big points to win. Our defense plays much better with a lead, so hopefully the team will not come out flat against PSU.

I remember in 2010 (CTC's 3rd year) having hopes that the IUBB team would do well.  It didn't happen but the next year IU ended up returning to the national spotlight in a season which included 3 upsets over top 5 teams and a Sweet 16 appearance.

Hang in there Hoosier Nation, our football team will be good soon... maybe not as good as the IUBB team is, but it'll be good!

This is the year we burst that goose-egg against Penn State! I mean shoot, the law of averages have to start waning in our favor at some point right?! :)

Welcome to the board Natural! The law of averages for Indiana would mean about 10 undefeated seasons in a row...

Welcome to the board Natural! The law of averages for Indiana would mean about 10 undefeated seasons in a row...

Ha!  It would probably require 20 undefeated seasons...but I'm not a greedy man, I'll take 10!  :D

Thanks for the welcome BTW. 

Resident Hoosier FB kool-aid drinker in the house!

It would be nice if 50,000 screaming fans showed up to help rattle PSUs freshmen QB, but that won't happen

It would be nice if Mallory came out in a 3-3-5, blitzed and stunted to help rattle the freshmwn QB, but that won't happen either.

But ( takes a swig of kool-aid) I think Nate has a big day and we pull one out, 34-31.

Go Hoosiers!