Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoosier2017

What the Hell is going on?

I'm an IU fan. I'm a diehard. I'm a freshman this year at IU and I'm wondering what in the world is going on with our basketball team. I don't get it. How do we have zero commits for 2014, 2015, 2016? In the past, Crean has pulled in recruits when we were down in the dumps. We have constantly taken the best kids out there whether in state or out of state. Now this 2014 class just doesn't make sense.

Lyles and Blackmon both decommit. That hurts.

Bluiett and Lyle leave the state. That hurts.

Indiana targets keep committing other places. That hurts.

What is Crean doing? I feel like the momentum from this past season should have kids wanting to come to Indiana. We play an up tempo, fun, exciting brand of basketball that translates to what different kids should want to play. How are there no commits?

I know this is my first post, but I'm getting nervous about the future of IU. It just doesn't make sense. If Crean can't land a solid 2014 class, what will that mean for 2015 and 2016? Could the hot seat be coming for Mr. Crean? I for one want to see some kids commit, and commit soon. Hopefully this little panic attack is for nothing and we'll get someone soon. I just wonder what in the world Crean and staff are doing and what these kids think about IU. I'm out.

Don't worry one bit. There is no doubt Crean will bring a top recruiting class for 2014, 2015, 2016, and beyond. He has Indiana basketball on a path of sustained success. 

The 2014 class will shape up soon, as most Indiana targets plan to commit this fall. 

I'm getting a bit nervous myself. After last year I thought we would have recruits begging to come play for Coach Crean. So far recruiting as been just the opposite of what I expected. Why???

Stay calm young Hoosiers. If you want the latest recruiting update then follow @All_Hoosiers on twitter or read his posts on here. He is on top of the entire recruiting process. Of course theserecruits want to play at Indiana, playing time is what they value most. Committing to Indiana might not get you as much playing time because most of our players stay more than 1 year. Give it time and everything will work out in the end. I for one would love to not see 6 new freshman every year. Experience is a major plus in college ball.

Breathe, Hoosier Nation, breathe. I understand the nervous feelings, but IUBB is in more than great shape. 

Recruits always talk about the great tradition of IU and how much they love Crean and his style of play.

Vonleh is doing great work trying to get Okonoboh here, and Whitehead has said nothing but incredible things about Indiana. Rob Johnson even said his visit was one of the best experiences of his life. Recruits love IUBB. 

The 2014 recruiting class won't be very big, anyway. Crean will probably sign three - four at the max.

Many consider Indiana the favorites to land top 20 recruits Goodluck Okonoboh and Isaiah Whitehead. We're also in a very good position with Rob Johnson, Devin Robinson, and even James Blackmon. Lourawls Nairn, a 2014 PG, will take an official visit. Dante Exum likely will as well. Many also believe IUBB is the favorite to land Exum if he plays college ball.

Tom Crean has IUBB in a great position for the future. 

If you're worried about recruits committing so "late", keep in mind that our two best freshmen, Noah Vonleh and Troy Williams, committed to Indiana late. Crean didn't even get in on those two till late in the recruiting process. 

One more note: You don't want 2015 and 2016 players committing this early. We've seen what happens when these kids commit so early. Many, including Lyles and Blackmon, end up de-committing. 

Recruiting is a patient game, ladies and gentlemen. Crean will wait for the best, and so should we. Who would you rather have: two top 60 recruits that commit early or two top 20 recruits that commit later? 

Like CoachMayhew said, follow me on Twitter (@All_Hoosiers). I tweet all things Indiana sports and follow and give all the latest updates on recruiting. 

Go Hoosiers!

Yeah I agree, Hoosiers just need to relax and take a look at the big picture.  Yes Blackmon is gone and so is Blueitt, but hey we have a good class right now which will only bring in solid players.  It is very hard to win a National Title with 6 or 7 new players each year.  Kentucky was able to do it because they had 2 of the top players in the country.  Louisville won because they had successful 3 or 4 year players in their rotation. Indiana is a program built on past success and prestige.  Recruits know the Indiana name.  The Hoosiers need to get back to contending and being solid each year.  We can only do that with the right kids, and we have the right coach for that job.

Tom Crean has all this under control.  He's going to turn these kids into big time players which will only continue to attract big time recruits. Look at Oladipo, he wasn't even a top 100 recruit and Crean turned him into the #2 draft pick.  And I definitely agree with @coachmayhew about following @All_Hoosiers on twitter and on here because he is on top of his game when it comes to recruiting.  So all of us Hoosiers need to breathe, recruiting is quite a process, I for one know because I went through it personally.  It's a very long process and quite stressful sometimes.  Crean will get the recruits and talent Indiana needs to succeed.  Just make sure you're in the HALL this year giving him your support!!

One of the biggest problems here is the overreaction, and it's not just in the Indiana fan base. Too often we hear of a recruit deciding where he wants to go to school and play ball, and there is this uprising from all the other fan bases that just tear down on a 17-18 year old kid.

It isn't your job, or place, to worry about such things. You have absolutely no control over what goes on in recruitment. Until they sign the LOI, they are free to do as they please. Once they do sign, then just cheer them on. Don't hate when they make "freshman mistakes". Not everyone should be held to All-American standards when they first step on the court.