Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WilJos3390

Blueitt makes decision

So I saw just about a half an hour ago or so that Park Tudor product Trevon Blueitt is heading out west to join former Head coach from Park Tudor and former Hoosier Steve Alford.  Although the decision was kind of salty I do wish him the best because he is an Indiana kid and he will be playing for Steve Alford.  It;s always hard to root against a former Hoosier (which I don;t think I have ever done) especially Alford.  Blueitt would've been a great addition to an already stacked for the future hoosier team especially pairing up w/ Yogi Ferrell.  But I am pretty excited about the kids we have and the ones we are bringing in.  So this decision isn't as terrible as it might seem at first.  I'll probably cheer for Blueitt, except for if/when he plays against our Hoosiers.  Any thoughts on the effect of Trevon's decision??

Follow me on Twitter: @josh_wilson33

GO HOOSIERS!

I wouldn't say there are any big effects on IUBB from this decision. While he would have gladly taken him, Bluiett was not a big priority to Crean. I also think a lot expected Bluiett to go to UCLA when they hired his high school coach. 

Wish the guy the best. He's a tremendous shooter.

It's tough seeing another Hoosier leave the state for another program, but I'm not overly concerned about Bluiett.  I don't think Indiana really stood that great of a chance with him to begin with.  Once Stevens left for the NBA and UCLA hired his old high school coach it became pretty clear to me that he was headed to UCLA.

That's a great get for UCLA and Steve Alford.  Should be interesting to see if he can continue to poach Indiana kids.