Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierLyss

ARTICLE:(Fake) Coach Wilson's Pre-Game Speech

If you haven't read all about it, get it while it's hot at Twitter.com/FakeCoachWilsonIUFB is on the rise--haven't you heard?

The hype around a promising 2013 IUFB squad is no secret to a true fan ...but if you’re just now finding out that we also have the most inspirational, brutally honest, but most importantly, SUPPORTIVE fake football coach—well you’re late to the party.

Our very own, “Not Really Kevin Wilson, the Head Football Coach for the Indiana University Hoosiers” had every ACTUAL Hoosier fan and beyond talking on Wednesday night.

Posted Image

(Fake) Coach Wilson earned the respect and following of hundreds of people with his inspirational pre-game twitter speech directed to the student body the night before the 2013 season opener.

Posted Image

Thousands of Hoosiers followed along FCW’s pep talk, while I personally camped out on his Twitter page waiting for the words “1 new Tweet” to drop from his timeline.

Click. Laugh. RT. Repeat

Posted Image

It was as if the mighty Hoosier Hero himself, @ChronicHoosier, was watching over FCW’s timeline.

I’m not linking the two accounts together; FCW is anonymous. I’m just saying the only other account on Twitter I have never secretly wanted to unfollow is CH.

The series of tweets were an embarrassingly true, yet outrageously funny way to make a strong message clear to many people. It’s truly one of the few ways to effectively communicate with people these days. FCW executed it flawlessly.

Posted Image

So what is FCW’s bottom line? I asked Fake Coach over some Twitter DM.

“Just tell the folks don’t be afraid to believe in #IUFB.”

Simple as that.

Posted Image

@FakeCoachWilson may not be a real person. But he made a bunch of real people feel real things, like support for their own football team.

And I bet you anything he indirectly encouraged a bunch of real people to attend Thursday’s game.

Posted Image

So kudos to fake coach.

In the words of @FakeCoachWilson, “Pack the Fing Rock!” See you there, Hoosier Nation.

(PS: I’m actually only writing this article for a #helmetsticker from @FakeCoachWilson)

Click here to view the article