Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjwillse

How do I get my girlfriend more interested in watching IU games?

I just recently got into a relationship with a girl who knows nothing about sports besides hockey (her brother plays). The first event I took her to was the Wisconsin football game. We got there an hour and a half like I normally do so we could sit front row and cheer on the Hoosiers. During the game we would cheer and then during the breaks she would ask questions about what happened and why it did. She does the same thing after basketball games. I think I found a diamond in the rough  :)

I took my wife to Hoosier Hysteria and now she kind of understands the tradition of Hoosier basketball. That wasn't enough for me I want her to experience Assembly Hall at its best. I am taking her to see Michigan early next month in person and after that experience I just know she will love IU basketball. So that is my plan hope it helped out.

My gf was a Boiler fan when we met but she never watched any bball, nor did she follow the Boilers. She loves to have a good time, so i started with inviting a bunch of friends to join us at local sports bars to dress up, drink, and watch the games. I bought her all kinds of "cute" gear to wear so she didnt feel left out (Girls love cute gear. I recommend Victoria's secret IU gear).  She could see how much IUBB meant to us and she sort of fed off of our excitement. Last year during the Kentucky game was what sealed the deal. She was drinking, having a great time, and then.......... WATFORD FOR THE WINNNNNN..... YESSSS YESSSS!!! I also took her to HH this year and she loved it.

And that sir, is precisely how you convert a poor Boiler to a Hoosier.

Oh and i always told her that she was too pretty to be a Boiler fan.