Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjwillse

How do I get my girlfriend more interested in watching IU games?

Spend the money to get tickets to take her to SEE them play in person...she'll be hooked!! Worked for me 20 years ago! I've been hooked ever since! I'm a converted Boiler fan!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Make her watch Purdue play.  Let her see how painful it is for you to watch such horrible basketball.

Maker her watch IU play.  Let her see how happy and excited you are while watching the Hoosiers.

If she still doesn't get it....

I'm not an IU student, so what would be the best way to get tickets to a game for her & I?

You can use Stubhub.com, Call the IU ticket office or finally try scalping.  Pick  a lesser opponent as ticket prices will be through the roof this year.

If you can't take her to a game, talk her into watching a game with you and after the game take her to dinner.  Don't talk about  the game talk about how much you enjoyed her spending her time with you. If that don't work it may be time to upgrade.   :rolleyes:

Good luck cause I've tried every trick in the book and I can't get my fiancé into basketball at all!!

I am with you. My wife won't watch a game with me to save her life. I call it "me time." Although I do have my 1month old son watch the games with me, which freaks her out due to how much I get into the games and my reactions at times, but I have to raise him right...

I am with you. My wife won't watch a game with me to save her life. I call it "me time." Although I do have my 1month old son watch the games with me, which freaks her out due to how much I get into the games and my reactions at times, but I have to raise him right...

I hear ya, I scream at the tv and throw my hat and go OFF during games and she makes fun of me the whole time. Lol according to her, basketball is the antichrist lmao

I hear ya, I scream at the tv and throw my hat and go OFF during games and she makes fun of me the whole time. Lol according to her, basketball is the antichrist lmao

My wife dreads the beginning of basketball season. She threatens to delete the IU/UK game from the DVR. My mom warned her before marrying me... Lol

My wife dreads the beginning of basketball season. She threatens to delete the IU/UK game from the DVR. My mom warned her before marrying me... Lol

My fiancé tells me she's gonna get my dogs UK collars.....I told her if she does she'll be sleepin outside WITH the dogs. lol

Pretty sure I have you both beat. My wife likes watching IU games, but HATES the amount of time BtownBanners takes :).

It's like we can't win

Anyone have any suggestions?

I just started watching a bunch of games with my bf and that helped a lot :)

Now I'm addicted and probably like IU more than he does! Hope this helps! It's cute you want her to watch with you!

Here is the deal, and nothing against HoosierJenn and the other ladies on this board, but more than likely, if she does watch games with you now, than when you get married it will slowly fade away. My wife used to watch games with me when we were dating until she saw how emotional I get (i.e. thrw a pillow at the TV after a bad call or play). If she watches a game with you, enjoy it while you can. If she doesn't, just get used to it. My wife will go to games with me. But never watches a game with me.

Well said. I think a good way to think of it is like this.

Next time she is watching The Bachelor, sit down and watch it. Think to yourself how dreadful this is for you and see if its worth it to keep watching.

That is probably how she feels watching IU games.

Here is the deal, and nothing against HoosierJenn and the other ladies on this board, but more than likely, if she does watch games with you now, than when you get married it will slowly fade away. My wife used to watch games with me when we were dating until she saw how emotional I get (i.e. thrw a pillow at the TV after a bad call or play). If she watches a game with you, enjoy it while you can. If she doesn't, just get used to it. My wife will go to games with me. But never watches a game with me.

There better not be anything against me! :wub: