Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IU Hoosier41

Official Game Thread: No. 5 Indiana @ Iowa

@ Iowa is always a difficult game. Haven't seen much energy out of anyone so far besides Oladipo. Guy is becoming a monster. MVP so far.

It'll be interesting to see how Crean handles the two smalls (Hulls & Ferrell) lineup in B1G play with such physical teams. Can't continue to be forced into zone defense.

@ Iowa is always a difficult game. Haven't seen much energy out of anyone so far besides Oladipo. Guy is becoming a monster. MVP so far.

It'll be interesting to see how Crean handles the two smalls (Hulls & Ferrell) lineup in B1G play with such physical teams. Can't continue to be forced into zone defense.

More worried about Zeller handling the pressure.  He's getting manhandled again.

More worried about Zeller handling the pressure.  He's getting manhandled again.

True. Zeller's stats don't show it so far but he has not been the same player this year. The preseason POY attention has caused too much pressure. Makes you wonder about him leaving for NBA...

First Half Thoughts:

• Ugly half of basketball.  Indiana shot 38%, Iowa shot 24%.
  • Victor Oladipo is a NBA Pro level talent.  Incredible motor and hustle.  Complete lock down defender.
  • Yogi seems to glide when he jumps.  It's such a smooth transition.  Love his game.  Decision making will improve as his experience does.
  • Overall, can't bee too terribly upset when Indiana leads by 8 and played like complete horse _____.

Now we need to see Indiana put the pedal down and run Iowa out of their gym.  Can't keep letting teams stick around on us (See Georgetown, Butler).

Crean lets it get sloppy for to long before timeouts. We have plenty of talent, but we need Crean to be there at key moments.

Agree with you there.  We are still a young team, where timeouts can be crucial.  Yogi + Jordan in the lineup together has been working...

Wheww, that was a tough win.. If IU expects to win at OSU, MSU, Mich, Minny or Illinois they need Jordy to hit his perimeter jumpers and Cody to get more physical down low

This team runs by the play and energy of Oladipo and Sheehey, I will miss both of them when they are gone..

Am I the only one that things Knight probably would've been ejected a couple times in that game... ;)

Really that was a tough game to watch. Good solid win... I predict Iowa to make the tournament.. but we need to work on some things and zone is NOT the answer. Jordan shoots like he usually does that game isn't even competitive. The refs certainly didn't help us. I almost feel like they were bullying us and the refs we letting it happen. Christian and Will were not happy and I even saw some reactions from Cody and Jordan that you don't usually see. That was an awful flop by the Iowa player, man if it wasn't such a close game I wouldn't mind seeing Crean get in there and take a technical and make a statement. Yogi continues to impress me but he seemed to get sloppy at the end of the game when the pressure was on.

I have to say this wasn't the prettiest win however it is a road victory in the Big Ten.  We needed this victory to start the conference season to get confident on the road.  I liked the toughness of Yogi and Victory in the 1st half however they seem to disappear at times in the second half.  We will need their toughness in games such as Michigan, Ohio St, Minnesota, Michigan St., etc.  Sheehey hit some key shots in the second half. In my opinion, Cody is not ready for the NBA at this time. Not to say that he will be by the end of the season but right now he's not there. Hanner is still raw. It's a shame that he didn't have the opportunity during the first nine games to gain experience but he will get there. I thought overall it was good to see that Indiana didn't get rattled and folded like they have before against teams like Iowa.  Any road victory is a good victory.  Hopefully this will boost their confidence for the rugged conference season. 

Am I the only one that things Knight probably would've been ejected a couple times in that game... ;)

Really that was a tough game to watch. Good solid win... I predict Iowa to make the tournament.. but we need to work on some things and zone is NOT the answer. Jordan shoots like he usually does that game isn't even competitive. The refs certainly didn't help us. I almost feel like they were bullying us and the refs we letting it happen. Christian and Will were not happy and I even saw some reactions from Cody and Jordan that you don't usually see. That was an awful flop by the Iowa player, man if it wasn't such a close game I wouldn't mind seeing Crean get in there and take a technical and make a statement. Yogi continues to impress me but he seemed to get sloppy at the end of the game when the pressure was on.

Knight would've been gone in the first 20 minutes for sure. I'm with you, wish we had a big enough lead where Crean could have gotten T'd up. Not sure why, but I always love a coach that will give up a few points to light a fire for his team.

I have to say this wasn't the prettiest win however it is a road victory in the Big Ten.  We needed this victory to start the conference season to get confident on the road.  I liked the toughness of Yogi and Victory in the 1st half however they seem to disappear at times in the second half.  We will need their toughness in games such as Michigan, Ohio St, Minnesota, Michigan St., etc.  Sheehey hit some key shots in the second half. In my opinion, Cody is not ready for the NBA at this time. Not to say that he will be by the end of the season but right now he's not there. Hanner is still raw. It's a shame that he didn't have the opportunity during the first nine games to gain experience but he will get there. I thought overall it was good to see that Indiana didn't get rattled and folded like they have before against teams like Iowa.  Any road victory is a good victory.  Hopefully this will boost their confidence for the rugged conference season. 

Well said! Sheehey has shown a knack for hitting the crucial shots when indiana needs them most. Cody continues to get pushed around in the paint, but is still productive. Imagine if Cody could get "thicker". It would be a scary situation for opposing teams.