Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana-Pride

Big-Ten Coaches- the best!

When looking at the teams in the conference, does the Big-Ten conference have the best head Coaches from top to bottom in the country?  I think so...

I think so too, it's the toughest conference in the country, so it HAS to have the best coaches as well

I would say Tom Izzo is the best in the Big Ten and I'm a HUGE Crean fan. Remember, Crean is a former Izzo assistant. I respect every coach in the conference but top 3, in my opinion, Izzo-Crean-Thad (Tubby is right there as well).

I just posted about this in the (IU Minn) thread. I don't have Crean in the top 3.  He is a GREAT recruiter and passionate head man, but he has many questionable coaching decisions in game. 

Izzo

Ryan

Matta

I think Bo proved himself and his program last night. His players set the tempo and didnt allow us to get out and run. My top 5is Izzo, Ryan, Crean, Matta, Tubby.

I would have to put Tubby Smith right behind Tom Izzo for 2nd place. A National Championship and average 26 wins a year at Kentucky, before they forced him out. 45-19 at Georgia, nobody wins at Georgia. And now has the Gophers in the Top Ten!  Excellent Coach...

I would have to put Tubby Smith right behind Tom Izzo for 2nd place. A National Championship and average 26 wins a year at Kentucky, before they forced him out. 45-19 at Georgia, nobody wins at Georgia. And now has the Gophers in the Top Ten!  Excellent Coach...

Not to mention a 23-8 and 24-8 Record along with two Sweet Sixteen Outings with Tulsa,

Tubby may well be one of the most underrated coaches in the country. That man always has a team that competes. I think Crean needs to show me something besides great recruiting before I put him up in the top 3 of this conference.