Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swishinj

Wisconsin @ IU

Wisconsin travels to Assembly Hall on Tuesday the 15th. Tip at 9:00 on ESPN. Wisconsin is coming off of an impressive 74-51 blowout against #12 Illinois. My prediction is that IU comes away with a 70-58 point victory.

Bo Ryan tends to get his players playing better towards B1G play, kinda like Tom Izzo. I don't see wisconsin winning but being competetive in games later on down the stretch. Bo Ryan has never finished outside the top 5 in Big Ten play 

Wisconsin is always one of those teams that I hate playing. They always seem to be a less formidable opponent but their toughness and defense always seems to keep them in big games. They're coming off of a big win against Illinois, but I think the HOOSIERS playing at home will have the upper-hand. It'll be very close for a while I believe. IU better come out ready to play, because Bo Ryan will have his team ready for another upset. I like the Hurryin' Hoosiers 77-64.

Wisconsin has beaten Penn State by 9 at home, Nebraska by 6 on the road, and an Illinois team that can't buy a three point basket right now. Nothing really shows me that this game will be very tough. Not impressed with the Badgers. Hoosiers will run them off the court at home. 15+ point win.

For some reason, I always get nervous when playing Wisconsin. Bo Ryan's team is very scrappy and always seem to stay in games. That being said, I think IU is too athletic for this Wisconsin bunch. I expect another huge game from the likes of Oladipo and Ferrel. On another note, is anyone watching this OSU vs. Michigan game?!

I'm pretty confident IU will be ranked #2, and honestly I'd rather that happen than #1, just because I think we play better as the hunter than the hunted. And plus the pressure of bein #1 is too stressful for me to handle hahaha

I agree with you Mr Yuk. You know that the boys won't mind being back at #1, but being at the top is very stressful and we just need to be at the top at the end of the year. Let Louisville be at the top for now. We need to be ready for a good Wisconsin team. They always play us strong in BTown. Final score IU 82 Wisconsin 70

I agree with you Mr Yuk. You know that the boys won't mind being back at #1, but being at the top is very stressful and we just need to be at the top at the end of the year. Let Louisville be at the top for now. We need to be ready for a good Wisconsin team. They always play us strong in BTown. Final score IU 82 Wisconsin 70

I agree, the end of the season is when the rankings matter, to me anyway, I'm sure our guys feel good at the top of the ranks, and they should, they deserve it, they've been through hell and back to earn it, March is what truly matters.

I think IU will come out on top. Wisconsin will try to be Wisconsin and turn it into a 53-51 type of game that resembles WWF, take downs in the paint and mug Cody. I think we speed it up enough to stay on top. We will hopefully take the W and gladly move on. They are not one of the top 5 teams in conference in my opinion. They have a free pass of a schedule thus far in the conference.

I agree, the end of the season is when the rankings matter, to me anyway, I'm sure our guys feel good at the top of the ranks, and they should, they deserve it, they've been through hell and back to earn it, March is what truly matters.

I think being number 1 helps more with recruiting than anything else. While coaches visit prospects they can say, wouldn't you like to play for the Number 1 team in the country?

Powerful words to a high school hooper.

I think being number 1 helps more with recruiting than anything else. While coaches visit prospects they can say, wouldn't you like to play for the Number 1 team in the country? Powerful words to a high school hooper.

Good point, and I agree with you in that aspect, but if we stay in the top 5 and go deep in the tourney, that can't really hurt recruiting. But in a highschoolers mind being #1 is pretty much what the world revolves around.

I would agree, Wisconsin is always a tough team to play, Ryan seems to get them ready very well for the big games. However, this year, they just have not been playing like previous Badger teams. Their shooting percentage is terrible which is not good for their slow it down type playmaking. Have actually won more games this year when scoring at a high rate. Will still show their presence, but IU wins 84-66.

Where has Sheehey gone? Nothing in this game or the Minnesota game. Hopefully IU learns from their mistakes in this loss, Crean should be able to point out lots of mistakes when they go over the game film. A loss like this isn't all bad, the team needs to realize their mistakes and get better. We still got 2 months to work out the kinks before the tournament.