Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoosier93

IU vs. Minn

i think that the game is going to be close until Minnesota gets tired and stops running with us, when that happens i think that we will pull away from them, but we will have to run the whole game, i think that if we beat them in transition we win, but we have to grab the boards as well, that will be a big job for us tonight, but if we can crash the boards with them we can crash them with any team

As good as Indiana played in the first half, it's quite the opposite game right now. Hopefully they can get it back here. Have to give Tubby and Minnesota credit, they came out of the half with a fire they lacked in the first half. Quickly making this a game.

Have a feeling a Hulls 3, or Vic dunk could be just what the doctor ordered.

My only complaint, aside from it ending so closely, was the way the crowd reacted in the second half. Now I know we all felt things slipping away a bit, but, I heard multiple grumblings and even a few people booing. Booing? Really guys? Have you forgotten where we came from a few years ago? Do we have a sense of entitlement already? For shame! Your team needed you most in those closing minutes. Stand up and support your team. Fair weather fans should just jump off of the bandwagon and give their tickets to people who support and deserve them.

If we can play two halves the way we played the first, there isnt a team in the land that can stop us.  Now, in the final 3 minutes we had problems, obviously, it almost looked like we havent practiced breaking hard trapping zones. There was little to no flashing in the middle of the court, and no one behind the ball handler on the opposite side of the floor. Yes, Yogi and Hulls, are terrific ball handlers, but you can't expect to tell a guy to break a hard trapping zone by himself every time. Crean is a great recruiter and hype coach, but sometimes I question his in game coaching. Because unless we get that fixed, it sure as hell wont be the last time we give up a 20 point lead down the stretch.