Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana-Pride

In-State rivals would better prepare...

Really think playing Butler, Notre Dame, Indiana State in a home and home series on regular basis would much better prepare us for the Big-Ten. As oppose to some of these off the wall teams that we pay to come to AH.  

Count Notre Dame out for that happening any time soon. Notre Dame doesn't want to see the Joyce Center become Assembly Hall North as it did the last time IU played there in I believe was 2002. Notre Dame is the one who ended that series. As for Butler, I would love to see a home and home series and would think Butler would welcome it as well. Indiana state would love it I am sure but less attractive to the Hoosiers in my opinion.

Problem being, is that Butler and Notre Dame are part of the Crossroads Classic, which is going to be around for a while, so we are for sure playing one of those teams at least once a year, making it hard to get a home and home going with either

Count Notre Dame out for that happening any time soon. Notre Dame doesn't want to see the Joyce Center become Assembly Hall North as it did the last time IU played there in I believe was 2002. Notre Dame is the one who ended that series. As for Butler, I would love to see a home and home series and would think Butler would welcome it as well. Indiana state would love it I am sure but less attractive to the Hoosiers in my opinion.

Actually, I believe Indiana ended that series. Notre Dame wanted to renew the contract for IUBB and NDBB, but Indiana said let's add a home and home for football as well. Notre Dame basically laughed at Indiana AD and said you can't be serious, to which Indiana responded "You can't be serious about basketball then."

End of story, or so I've been told.

Every University strives to be where schools like Iu, Duke, Kansas and so on are at, If you dont have to travel before conference why would you? If you don't have to play top notch competetion why would you? It's up to the coaches to get you prepared for the Conference season. It's good to throw some good school in the non-conference but why beat yourself up if you don't have to?

I would like to play a home and home with Evansville, nice arena and usually a tough team. I dont think Indiana State could handle a home and home with IU. I agree that losing in november and december can set a team back, but you still have to play decent teams to continue to improve. The Jacksonville game was laughable, and should have been replaced with an in state school.