Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrimsonClothing

Iowa

Ever since the schedule came out, Ive been worried about this game. Anyone else? First true road game, itll be tough

The schedule says Iowa, but I read it as "Not in Assembly Hall".  I'm nervous for that fact and that fact only.  Unfortunately, we haven't won many games away from home in the Tom Crean era.  Hopefully that will change soon, but until it does...  I'll remain nervous.

The schedule says Iowa, but I read it as "Not in Assembly Hall".  I'm nervous for that fact and that fact only.  Unfortunately, we haven't won many games away from home in the Tom Crean era.  Hopefully that will change soon, but until it does...  I'll remain nervous.

I completely agree! While I think it's awesome that we thrive off of Assembly's energy, we have to learn how to succeed away from that energy.  But I'm excited for the future of this team because of the sheer talent we possess.   Once we learn how to succeed on and off the road, we will be virtually unstoppable.

I am a bit nervous. But I fully expect us to play the starters more minutes and hopefully pound the ball to Cody inside early and often. I think it's close for 25min but we pull away for a 15 point win. Go Hoosiers!

I am a bit nervous. But I fully expect us to play the starters more minutes and hopefully pound the ball to Cody inside early and often. I think it's close for 25min but we pull away for a 15 point win. Go Hoosiers!

Certainly like your optimism.  I'm afraid it will be closer than that.  Fast paced game, up and down the court.  Can Iowa keep up?

We're going see how much we've grown since Butler. Excited to see Jeremy back. Iowa is MUCH better than previous years and it wouldn't suprise me one bit to see them dancing in March.

We're going see how much we've grown since Butler. Excited to see Jeremy back. Iowa is MUCH better than previous years and it wouldn't suprise me one bit to see them dancing in March.

Let's hope they aren't too much better than last year, we were in for a rude awakening last time in Iowa City. I'm pretty confident Coach Crean won't let them forget about that!

I think as long as the team stays focused and remains in the zone, we will be fine. We also HAVE to make our free throws, rebound, and play with confidence. Basic yes, but very useful!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CrimsonClothing" data-cid="58" data-time="1356916280"><p>

Ever since the schedule came out, Ive been worried about this game. Anyone else? First true road game, itll be tough</p></blockquote>

I'm confident the team can get the W. That being said, I was confident IU could handle Butler too, although I did say, IU will either blow them out, or butler is going to be in it to win it, which they did. So, like a lot of people seem to believe, IUs past road woes have given us reason to fear, but I think over the season, they will be able to steal a couple of road wins - impressive ones at that. We all no how hard it is to win on the road in B1G play. Just ask any team that comes to Bloomington ;)