Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew_114

Big Ten Winner # of Losses

As the Big Ten started to get under way I kept wondering and discussing with my family how many losses the Big Ten winner would have and who it would be.

Of course we all chose Indiana to win but we disagreed on number of losses and to who.

In my opinion I think IU wins it and loses a total of 4 in conference/non-conference games all year.

I said we would lose

@ Minnesota (all big ten road games will be tough and especially this one)

@ Michigan (again all road big ten games and Michigan looks tough) 

@Ohio St (for a third time road games will be hard)

Being one of the best teams in the conference and country you're going to get every team's best shot. Heck, being IU puts a target on you with the tradition. 

I really don't see us losing at Assembly Hall. Our fan base is so loud and we've always played great at home (ignore Crean's first couple of seasons)

What do you guys think?

I think the winner of Indiana at Michigan will determine the outright winner of the Big Ten. Agree that Indiana won't lose in the Hall. Only spot I disagree is Ohio State. I think Indiana will win there, but will drop another game somewhere we don't expect. I would guess to win outright, you are looking at 3 losses. Co-champions will be 4 losses.

Minnesota has kind of an advantage by not playing Michigan on the road...

I hadn't really looked at other schedules until now, and this is incredible. How they got out of such a tough matchup is beyond me, but I am in complete agreement, this could play a huge part in determining where teams fall in the end. Although Nebraska put up a fight throughout most of the game, pulling one out in Ann Arbor will be difficult for any team

I think IU loses 3 Conf games and wins the B1G outright.. Losses @MSU, @Min & @Mich.

I could definitely see the MSU loss, especially with it later in the year (Mid february) because we all know Izzo has MSU playing great ball at the end of the year

The B1G title is going to come down to IU and Michigan. I believe the Hoosiers can and will win at Michigan. These game will ultimately look up the B1G for the Hoosiers and guarantee a #1 seed in the B1G tourney and #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

The B1G title is going to come down to IU and Michigan. I believe the Hoosiers can and will win at Michigan. These game will ultimately look up the B1G for the Hoosiers and guarantee a #1 seed in the B1G tourney and #1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

i Don't think it will guarantee a #1 seed in tourney. still cant lose in B1G tourney and expect a #1 seed unless the other team in the rankings around them lose